OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Finding a match for death_type_concept_id

As I am updating the old ETL SP’s, I see that the death_type_concept_id ,that we were using, is no longer standard. When I go the the CDM, it points to this Athena page of valid concepts.

What we have is death date, the few times that it does, only exists in the demographics data that we have no idea where the data is sourced, as it is a mixture of case workers parsing obituaries, family members identifying the passing on follow up calls for missing appts and rarely, payer info. Our demographic data does not ever tell who/why data was entered (other than running a full audit, which, again, will never be allowed for ETL) and we are out-patient only.

As there is no way to know what the method used to decide the date, which of the list is the best for us to use?

A farther note is, whatever concept is chosen, will appear as every entry, into the death table.

EDIT: I can use the concept of 32817 (EHR), as this is where it is stored. I passed it up originally as I was looking for a concept that specified the ultimate source, not the storage location.

t