OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

EHR data to OMOP CDM Work Group

The Healthcare Systems IG will host a presentation & discussion on exporting data out of the CDM on April 11th at 10am Eastern Time.

Use case to export out of the CDM: data to be analyzed needs to contain PHI or PII, the analytic method or data fields aren’t supported by Atlas

@guy_livne, @vramella, and @Daniel_Smith have solutions to present. Each presentation is 15 minutes and we will take questions during the last 15 minutes.

Thank you, @guy_livne and @Daniel_Smith for presenting your use cases and solutions on our call this past Monday. The recording and slides have been uploaded to our MS Teams channel.

The presentation and discussion will continue on Monday, May 9th when @vramella will present her shiny app.

Please add me to your List. Would like to attend the meetings if they are still on.
Nita Deshpande
nita.deshpande@emory.edu
Time Zone: US Eastern

Hello and welcome to OHDSI, @ndeshpa! I just forwarded you the invite. Hope to see you soon!

Cheers,
Melanie

Hello all,

Our next meeting will be Monday, June 20th at 10am Eastern. We will have an open agenda meeting. All questions and discussions regarding EHR data, the OMOP CDM, ETL, use cases, healthcare research or OHDSI are welcome! If we don’t know the answer, we know someone who does :slight_smile:

Hello friends with EHR data,

One of the Healthcare Systems group’s objectives this year is “To provide support for transforming source EHR data to the CDM”. Currently, we provide support through answering questions on the forums and during our regularly scheduled work group meetings. Another product we would like to provide to the community is a central repository of different OMOP sites, their underlying EHR system, and attributes. This will allow new OHDSI collaborators to find and reach out to sites with similar infrastructure, EHR systems, and/or research goals. Participating in this survey does NOT commit you to being a mentor, providing your ETL script, or even answering your email. However, we hope you embrace the spirit of our open source community and contribute to the cause. We all learn as we OMOP our data. I’ve been very active in the OHDSI community and digging deep into EHR data for 8 years, and I still learn something new every day. But I think all persons in any field of science continue to learn because science is continually evolving. Here’s the link to the google form.

Hi @MPhilofsky and as well as the Forums and Community Calls we have free educational resources, such as the ETL learning pathway on the EHDEN Academy. 67 Small-to-Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in Europe will have used this alone by September this year for their EHDEN certification.

We launched the Usagi course last week as the latest addition to the pathway.

Thank you for the update, @nigehughes!

The EHDEN Academy classes are an asset to the OHDSI community. And they are free and open to anyone. You don’t have to be an EHDEN data partner to learn!

Here’s the link to the EHDEN academy for anyone interested in learning more about OHDSI, the OMOP CDM, OHDSI software tools, real world data and research, OHDSI infrastructure, ETL, and more!

Thanks @MPhilofsky!

Do fill out the survey everyone.

Hello all,

On Monday, July 18th at 10am Eastern, Andy Kanter will discuss the IMO to ICD9/10CM and IMO to SNOMED internal mapping tables present in EHR systems. On a recent community call, he expressed curiosity on why some OMOP sites use the IMO to ICD9/10CM internal mapping table to map to source concept_ids when the IMO to SNOMED mapping table is also available. Please join us on MS Teams for this discussion

@MPhilofsky,

Is there a recording or transcript of the meeting available?

@Andy_Kanter, we assume these are the concepts stored (in an Epic implementation) in the concept tables in Clarity (e.g., EXTERNAL_CNCPT_MAP, CONCEPT_MAPPED, etc)? Do you have an official white paper or IG of some sort you can share?

Best,
Piper

@piper , Recording is in MS Team → Files.

@Andy_Kanter , can you share the slide deck?

1 Like

Thanks QI Yang!

Hello all,

At our next meeting on August 15th at 10am Eastern time, @Eduard_Korchmar will present an algorithm that intends to improve mapping coverage during ETL by allowing almost free-form post-coordination, all while maintaining compatibility with systems existing in place. The presentation will include demonstration of Proof-of-concept. Please join us on MSTeams!

Hello all,

At our next meeting on September 26th at 10am Eastern time, @Eduard_Korchmar will present an algorithm that intends to improve mapping coverage during ETL by allowing almost free-form post-coordination, all while maintaining compatibility with systems existing in place. The presentation will include demonstration of Proof-of-concept. Please join us on MSTeams!

Hi team,
I am a sr. Informatics Analyst at MedStar. Can I join this workgroup? My email is gongliangzhang@hotmail.com. Thanks
Best,
Gongliang

@gongliangz

I forwarded you the invite series.

Hello all,

I have updated our MS Teams HSIG page. I have added HSIG 2023 Meeting Agenda document to our files section. I will update this document as agendas are finalized.

I have also added a “FAQs and Information” channel to the Team. In the files section of this channel there is a HSIG FAQs and Information document with information on our meetings and communication.

Our next meeting will be Monday, January 16th at 10am Eastern time. We will continue the discussion on pre & post coordination of clinical terms.

1 Like

Hello friends,

Our next Healthcare Systems Interest Group (formerly EHR WG) meeting will be Monday, January 30th at 10am Eastern Time.

@PriyaDesai present Stanford’s patient linkage algorithm and their findings on the evaluation of the algorithm.

I have also invited @toanong to present his finding on how computing a set of likability metrics can help suggest a strategy for performing linkage.

Finding the best, most accurate patient linkage algorithm is a common dilemma for healthcare systems and others trying to enrich their OMOP CDM with multiple sources of data. Join us in Teams!

Hello all,

Our next Healthcare Systems Interest Group (formerly EHR WG) meeting will be Monday, January 30th at 10am Eastern Time. We will discuss how to move your local mappings from the Source_to_concept_map to the Concept & Concept Relationship table. Please join us on Teams!

t