OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Documentation for White Rabbit (White Rabbit new release)

To kick off 2020, we released a new version of White Rabbit with lots of small enhancements. Among others: support for Google BigQuery (Thanks to @mgkahn), concept_id hints for e.g. gender and type concepts, and scanning of sas files. We have tested it thoroughly, but if you come across any bugs, please report them. Release Version 0.9.0 · OHDSI/WhiteRabbit · GitHub

The documentation of the new features is partly done on the ohdsi wiki. Following up on a short talk with @schuemie recently, I would like to put the documentation on Github, as already done e.g. for the R packages and ETL-Synthea. The latter uses ‘Just the Docs’, which I think is a good option for the WhiteRabbit documentation.

But before creating a jungle of different documentation styles, I would like to ask the community two things:

1. Are we abandoning the ohdsi wiki for application-specific documentation and moving to Github? (like done for Atlas and WebApi already)
  2. Do we prefer the Github wiki or Github pages. Pros/cons?
    Personally I like Github Pages because it contains the doc files in the same repo as the code.

Thanks! And a happy new year everyone!

1 Like

I don’t have any strong preference but would like some final current convention of documentation. I am confused if you like JtD or GitHub. (what you mean by “the latter” in your JtD sentence?)

A better summary of the current status of the documentation jungle would be also good starting point.

My other issue is comments in code. If documentation is missing, one can study the code but in some code there are rarely comments.

Sorry, that was indeed not really clear.

More simply: I am moving the WhiteRabbit and RiaH docs to Github pages. Most likely I will use JtD. See also: https://github.com/OHDSI/WhiteRabbit/pull/205

This week, I have published an updated documentation for White Rabbit / Rabbit in a Hat on Github Pages http://ohdsi.github.io/WhiteRabbit. I deprecated the old wiki documentation.

These updated documentation should also fix the issues raised by @ericaVoss. Erica, could you verify this?

I invite the OHDSI community to take a look at these new documentation pages. Any feedback is welcome.

t