OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

COVID and AKI

Terrific @WaheedAhmed1! Thank you for including the link to your paper. At some point, I would like to discuss the feasibility of characterizing contrast induced nephropathy in the OHDSI network.

Great @mattspotnitz! Look forward to hearing from you :slight_smile:, We have access to a prospective cohort of well-defined postoperative pts, ~5K. With regards to AKI and COVID perhaps further discussion via Slack/Teams might be fruitful to push things forward? :slight_smile:

Did others in this group see the AllScripts study? It apparently found elevated risk for AKI, as well. (I havenā€™t seen the paper, only the coverage: https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/medical-databases-show-1-in-10-hospitalized-middle-aged-coronavirus-patients-in-us-do-not-survive/2020/04/11/284485a2-7bfe-11ea-b6ff-597f170df8f8_story.html)

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

After getting input from multiple sources, I think it is best to wait for the results of the COVID Characterization study from the study-a-thon and then reassess how to approach this topic. Thank you all for your interest!

1 Like

Are there other characterization questions that have come up? Iā€™m particularly interested in how coronavirus impacts HIV patients but have no data to contribute to that effort. Are there others who have expressed interest in that topic or other subgroups?

I was thinking that a leaderboard of urgent COVID questions could be useful. This would be a place to submit specific questions and where the community (or clinicians/researchers etc.) could vote on them to decide what was the most urgent question to address. Something similar to what is provided by pigeonhole.

A list of answerable COVID19 questions and a list of questions that are being answered would be very useful, thanks for the suggestion. But, apologies, Iā€™m not in favour of voting to decide ā€œthe most importantā€ because they will all be important to someone, somewhere and their loved ones.

Yes, Iā€™d like to work on this- please count me in!

Medscape article relevant to this group

1 Like

I believe this is the AllScripts study that found increased risk of AKI: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2765184?guestAccessKey=6ad3f237-3962-483e-9a30-81ef5ad2c40f&utm_source=silverchair&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=article_alert-jama&utm_content=olf&utm_term=042220

1 Like
t