OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

COVID-19 Studyathon Update: Announcing Project Styx, CHARYBDIS 2.0 and the future of OHDSI COVID research

It’s hard to believe we’re at the beginning of November 2020. 8+ months ago, @Rijnbeek graciously stood up a temporary MS Teams Environment inside of Erasmus MC’s infrastructure to launch the OHDSI COVID-19 Study-a-thon. Peter has been an incredible host and we are exceedingly grateful he’s allowed us many, many months of lingering in his “digital” halls. :smile:

Now that we have launched the OHDSI MS Teams environment, it’s time to bid adieu to our digital digs at Erasmus MC. We are hereby launching Project Styx (Shifting the Teams of Yesterday to an eXciting new environment) – the formal migration from the Erasmus MC Teams infrastructure into the OHDSI MS Teams environment.

What does this mean? Starting this week (aka now), we are migrating of all knowledge artifacts (existing documents, shared code, discussions, etc) in the Erasmus MS Teams environment into its new home in the OHDSI MS Teams environment. We will be cancelling any meetings hosted inside the Erasmus MS Teams environment (e.g. the Charybdis weekly meeting) and starting new calendar invites inside of the OHDSI Teams environment.

While the Erasmus MS Teams environment will still continue to exist as a historical archive, we highly discourage starting new discussions in this environment. We suggest using the OHDSI Forum to talk about ongoing work!

I want to be part of the ongoing COVID work! How do I get access to the OHDSI COVID area of teams?
We’re working on bringing over all registered members. If you’re new and want to participate, reply here and we’ll work to get you access. (Shout out to @t_abdul_basser @MauraBeaton @CraigSachson who are the unsung heroes helping make sure get everyone into Teams!!) We will make sure you’re provisioned the right channels. We just need to know what email you want to receive access and we’ll get you squared away.

As a friendly reminder, there’s an enormous amount of work going on to help migrate folks into the OHDSI Teams environment. Please be patient! We anticipate this migration may take up to 2 weeks to complete. We appreciate you bearing with us while we configure this new workspace.

Announcing CHARYBDIS 2.0
@Daniel_Prieto @tduarte @Juan_Banda and others hosted a great networking session at the OHDSI virtual symposium to discuss new ideas for continuing our COVID characterization work. It’s got our gears turning on all the new questions we can answer! For those of you who are interested in continuing our large scale characterization journey Characterizing Health Associated Risks, and Your Baseline Disease In SARS-COV-2 (CHARYBDIS), we are beginning work to kick off CHARYBDIS 2.0. This will have a dedicated study group area inside of the OHDSI MS Teams environment. If you want to participate, reach out!! @tduarte @Daniel_Prieto @Albert_Prats and I will make sure you’re included in discussion. This will largely be held inside the MS Teams environment! If Teams is a barrier for you, please let us know. We will find ways to collaborate. :slight_smile:

NOTICE: For those of you who are helping us wrap up CHARYBDIS 1.0, we are moving meetings from the Erasmus MS Teams environment to OHDSI MS Teams. There will be NO MEETING this coming Tuesday at 11AM ET. We will kick off the new meeting series beginning Tuesday, November 10 at 11AM ET and are moving to a biweekly cadence. As we finish the teams migration, you will receive an email with a new calendar invite.

We are SO incredibly grateful for the community’s hard work over the last 8+ months. Thank you to @Rijnbeek and the Erasmus MS team for being such gracious hosts!!

We look forward to this exciting new chapter for the community!

Project Styx Team (@krfeeney @CraigSachson @tduarte @Daniel_Prieto @msuchard @hripcsa @anthonysena @Patrick_Ryan and so many more!)

3 Likes

Hi @krfeeney and all, thank you for the great information. How do I get started to learning this Styx project? Thank you

Hi @Yudha_Eri_Saputra! Project Styx is intended to be a PSA (public service announcement) to help migrate folks to the right place to collaborate. We know it’s super confusing to follow all the links.

If you’re interested in collaborating on ongoing COVID work, we are relaunching efforts inside the new OHDSI MS Teams. If you’re new, Characterization work goes by the name Project Charybdis. Estimation work goes by the name Project Scylla. Prediction doesn’t have a fun name yet (@jennareps/@RossW the ball’s in your court :wink:)

@MauraBeaton/@Patrick_Ryan are working diligently to add people to workgroups and study teams. If you filled out the form on last week’s Community Call, you’ll get added to those respective workgroups.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Good afternoon Everyone,

My name is Adriana Campos and I am a PhD in Public Health/Epidemiology student at the University of South Florida. I recently found out about your amazing work during a guest lecture and decided to cold call/join. I am interested in infectious diseases, vaccinology, as well as any epidemiologically related topic. I would love to be included in the COVID-19 work group or any research group where I could continue to learn and contribute to our community.

Please let me know if anyone would like to see my CV or learn more about what I can offer the research team. I look forward to working with you.

Best,
Adriana

1 Like

Hi All!

Boy it was exhausting migrating 85+ of you across the River Styx to our new home in OHDSI Teams :smile:

I know some aren’t added. If you don’t have access to Project Charybdis and want to join us, please reach out!! We’re wrapping up Charybdis 1.0 over the next few weeks. Stay tuned for discussions as we design 2.0! We can’t wait to hear the questions you’re thinking of.

Best,
Kristin

t