OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

COVID-19 Definitions in EHDEN ATLAS

Hello,

I am currently creating a concept set for COVID-19 infection within the EHDEN ATLAS platform, but many COVID-related concepts seem to be missing. For example, the code IDs 756055 (Measurement of Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2)) and 37311061 (Disease caused by 2019-nCoV) are both listed within OHDSI ATLAS but not available in EHDEN ATLAS. Does anyone know why this is?

I am currently instead using code 4100065 (Disease due to Coronaviridae), but I believe this would capture all disease by coronavirus as opposed to only COVID-19. If anyone has any advice, I would appreciate it, thank you.

Dear @Christina_Read - thanks for reaching out to the community. If you are using the Test ATLAS instance of EHDEN, I am afraid this would not be a suitable place for your task.
It is equipped with a SynPuf 110k CDM instance and a vocabulary version dating back to November 2019.
A newer vocabulary could help you here, but the SynPuf data has been generated for event dates between 2008 and 2010, so it is very unlikely that you would find any CoViD patients in there, even with a newer vocabulary. But it is not just simply adding a new version of the vocabularies, but someone would actually have to run the ETL from that SynPuf source data into an OMOP CDM and eventually fix some mappings if not all mappings are taken from standardized vocabularies.

Do you have alternative fresher CDMs in an ATLAS at your disposal that you could work with?

~mik

Thank you for your response, I ended up moving the study to ATLAS OHDSI instead.

t