Please join us Tuesday, June 22 (11 am ET) for a community brainstorm on how OHDSI can make an impact in the area of Health Equity. We will focus the conversation around two main topics:
- What are the biggest challenges in the area of health equity research?
- How can/should OHDSI, and specifically the OHDSI Health Equity Workgroup, make an impact around this important topic?
Similar to our breakout sessions, we hope this session will lead to an open conversation of shared thoughts, questions and ideas. We will have three community members serve as moderators for this meeting:
• Noémie Elhadad (Associate Professor of Biomedical Informatics; Vice Chair, Research, Columbia University)
• Jake Gillberg (Health Equity WG Lead; Software Development Analyst, Tufts Clinical and Translational Science Institute)
• Jody-Ann McLeggon (Program Manager, OHDSI and Columbia University)
Patrick Ryan began the dialogue with a post on a new Health Equity Brainstorm channel in the general OHDSI post. Please give it a read before Tuesday’s call, and please engage in the session through the conversation, chat, or a Health Equity whiteboard we have set up for the session.
Many of you will have the calendar link in your OHDSI Teams environment. If not, you will need the specific meeting link to access the community call; it will also be posted in the main OHDSI Teams environment. As always, if you can’t make it, the recordings will be posted to both our Community Calls page and the General OHDSI Teams recordings folder.