OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Atlas thru a Firewall

We are currently running the latest version of Atlas on one of our local servers and would like to have it patched thru our sites firewall in order for users outside our institution to be able to use Atlas on our Data.

We have in the past been able to run Atlas using docker and docker compose to connect the Atlas and Webapi containers together thru the docker network. However, our IS department is restricting our use of docker-compose because of security concerns.

When we patch the direct installed version of Atlas out thru the firewall it fails when someone is off network, Atlas loads but cannot connect to the WebAPI. It seems to be because it cannot connect to the fully qualified name of the server that isn’t meaningful outside of our network.

When configuring the connection to the WebAPI why must I use the fully qualified name and not just https://localhost:8443/WebAPI ?

If I do that it fails and with a connection refused error, is that because it will be trying to connect to my own machine’s localhost:8443?

Does anyone have any advice on getting this thru the firewall correctly?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Best,
Alex

t