OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Anyone Aware of OMOP ResDAC CMS (Medicare) Mappings?

Hi all!

Is anyone aware of any OMOP Mappings made using Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) data? I am in particular using the following MAX files provisioned by ResDAC:

1. MAX Personal Summary File - file contains one record for every individual eligible for and enrolled in Medicaid for at least one month or who had a Medicaid-paid service within the file year.

2. MAX Inpatient File - contains complete stay records for enrollees who had an inpatient hospital stay. Records include fee-for-service (FFS) claims and encounter records submitted for stays covered by Medicaid managed care.

3. MAX Other Services File - contains claim records for a variety of Medicaid services, including physician services, outpatient hospital institutional utilization, lab/X-ray, clinic services, home health, hospice and premium payments.

4. MAX Prescription Drug File - includes records of filled prescriptions from fee-for-service (FFS) claims paid by Medicaid and encounter records for prescription drugs paid by a Medicaid managed care organization.

Thank you for any leads/insight!!!

~ tcp :deciduous_tree:

I don’t think there is a ready specific solution for this type of format. However, if codes used in this files belong to usual CMS vocabularies (ICD10CM, ICD10PCS, NDC - this one is specifically mentioned in MAX Prescription Drug File specifications), you could use existing ‘Maps to’ relations in CONCEPT_RELATIONSHIP table.

Athena hosts downolads for the most recent vocabulary version. You should be able to match source fields directly to CONCEPT_CODE, with possible necessity to assume VOCABULARY_ID.

1 Like

This is a great idea @Eduard_Korchmar - wasn’t aware of the Athena tool but that seems like a great first step to explore.

I’ll experiment with this to see how it works for the work we are doing. Thanks!

t