OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

2024 AIPM Symposium: Explore the Risks and Opportunities of AI in Pharmaceutical Medicine

Hi OHDSI Friends!

You’re invited to come to beautiful Boston, MA to join us for another exciting Symposium on Risks and Opportunities of Artificial Intelligence in Pharmaceutical Medicine (AIPM) which is co-sponsored by Pfizer Inc., Northeastern University, and the American Statistical Association (ASA).

WHAT?! Tell Me More!

Topic this Year: How is generative AI revolutionizing pharmaceutical science?
Generative AI is transforming the way industries operate—and life sciences is no exception. Are you ready to cut through the hype and learn more about the technology transforming the world? The Symposium on Risks and Opportunities of Artificial Intelligence in Pharmaceutical Medicine (AIPM) provides a forum for major stakeholders looking to explore pressing challenges related to the use of generative AI in pharmaceutical science—and its myriad implications for public health policy.

This is a valuable opportunity for statisticians, data scientists, regulators, and other professionals to:
Explore the challenges and opportunities of AI in pharmaceutical medicine

• Explore the challenges and opportunities of AI in pharmaceutical medicine
  • Collaborate and build connections with professionals from industry, academia, and regulatory agencies
  • Acquire a deeper understanding of the policy implications of implementing AI in the promotion of public health

Date and Time:

• Monday, June 10; 12:30pm-5:15pm - Day 1 Pre-Conference Tutorials
  • Tuesday, June 11; 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m. - Day 2 – Main Symposium Followed by a Networking Reception

Northeastern University (Multiple Locations; See Program for Details)
805 Columbus Avenue Boston, MA 02120
*Also available via Zoom

Hotel:
Colonnade Hotel
120 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02116
*Limited quantity of reduced rate rooms available

Keynote Speaker:
Tala H. Fakhouri, Ph.D., MPH
Associate Director,
Policy Analysis at the Food and Drug Administration
CDER, Office of Medical Policy

Additional OHDSI Collaborators Speaking and Leading the Event: David Madigan, Asieh Golozar, David Sontag, Louisa Smith, Marc Suchard

Visit the Symposium Website to Learn More!

Register here on Eventbrite!

Registration is FREE for students/recent graduates (inclusive of post-docs). Participation can be on Zoom or in person. I have promo codes for those who are interested in attending. Send me a ping on the Forums or email me at m.fiorello@northeastern.edu if you’d like to come. We hope to see you there!

DISCLAIMER: This is event is not an official OHDSI community event. Speakers may talk about things other than OHDSI and the OMOP CDM. We make no representation or claim that speakers drink the OHDSI Kool-Aid and think the OHDSI way is the best thing since slice bread. Statements could be made about cherry picking variables… and we’re sorry in advance if anyone insinuates p-hacking is acceptable.

t