OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Welcome to OHDSI! - Please introduce yourself

(Maura Beaton) #425

Welcome @blpercha and @markshervey, it’s great to see that OHDSI is making waves at Mount Sinai!

Please feel free to join us for tomorrow’s OHDSI Community Call from 12-1pm ET. An agenda, along with details on how to join is available here:

(Sophie) #426

Hi Everyone!

My name is Sophie Williams and I am a Research Scientist working at Barts Health NHS Trust. I am developing a tool for predicting diabetes disease progression in our very diverse East London population. I am interested in using ML using factors from demographics, previous medical history and (particularly) social and lifestyle factors associated with Health inequalities.

I have a PhD in Neuroscience and have been working in data scientist for the past couple of years, using Python and SQL, although I am keen to improve my skillls in R. I have experience using knowledge graphs and am currently very interested in using NLP of free text to compliment the clinical data coded in SNOMED-CT / ICD10 etc., so would be very happy to chat to others in the OHDSI community working in this areas.

Thanks
Sophie

t