OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Survey data in OHDSI

Hello everyone,

We have a survey data which has questions like ‘How many kms did youvrun in the past 1 month?’ and more questions which is about patient lifestyle / social things etc .

1. How or where can I store this data in CDM? Is “observation” table used for storing data like this?

2. Am I right to understand then that I have to create my own concepts for survey data in our concepts table?

3. Can I create my own columns in any of the cdm tables for our purpose of analysis?

Request help from you people. Would be helpful

Thanks
Selva

SURVEY_CONDUCT table can be helpful for you, @SELVA_MUTHU_KUMARAN

Hello @SCYou - Thanks for the response. Am I right to understand that Survey data doesn’t necessarily have to be treated as a separate data source? Instead the survey data can be put under survey_conduct and observation table which can then be made part of the same CDM instance? Instead of having two instances

Can you guide me on this?

If you can link or merge patients from two data sources (clinical data and survey data) , then I don’t think you need to seperate those.

Hello @SCYou - Is there any sample data (Demo data) or doc that you can share/direct me to a resource that can help me understand survey data mapping with “Observation” and “Survey_Conduct” table? Currently, we are waiting to receive the data. For example, our questions might be like how many hours did you run in the past 1 month? Values might be like >5 hours and <10 hours, <5 hours , > 10 hours, “did not run” etc. Currently am not able to kind of imagine how to code this? Should I create my own concepts? If yes, then these questions might be very specific to local data, can I just include few concepts in our concept table then?

If I feel the requirement/ new concept caters to the local population, I can add concepts of my interest in Concept table. Guess I don’t have to take any formal approval from working group.

Concept Id can be of my choice: Ex: 200000000001,200000000002 etc like this?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Selva

@SCYou - Can you please help me with the below post?

@SELVA_MUTHU_KUMARAN Sorry, but I’ve not used the survey table before. I’ll take a look at it.

t