OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

SURVEY_CONDUCT how this works

hi all

I have read the new SURVEY_CONDUCT documentation there

On page 59 the conventions says:

An observation record is linked to the survey_conduct table thought **observation.domain_occurrence_id** and **survey.survey_concept_id**
  1. I assume that there is a typo in the documentation and survey.survey_concept_id should become survey_conduct.survey_concept_id
  2. The observation table does not contain yet the domain_occurrence_id nor the domain_id columns.
  3. Later (on page 60), the observation table does not mention those columns too.

Please let me know ,

@parisni:

Correct. The documentation is off. Will fix. Thanks for the catch.

And the domain is currently not defined as part of the data. Only as part of the conventions.

Hello @parisni and @Christian_Reich,

I am working with survey data as well but have got few queries.

1. Answers/Responses to the survey questions should be stored only in the columns “Value_as_concept_id”, “Value_as_number”,“Value_as_string” etc based on their datatype. Am I right? There are no columns as “Observation_as_concept_id”, “Observation_as_number”,“Observation_as_string”.

2. What is the difference between OBSERVATION_EVENT_ID and OBS_EVENT_FIELD_CONCEPT_ID? I understand that OBSERVATION_EVENT_ID will be Survey_Conduct_Id but what goes into OBS_EVENT_FIELD_CONCEPT_ID? Any example please?

3. difference between Visit_Detail and Visit_Occurrence fields? Any example please

4. Currently, we use 5.3.1 version of CDM. Is it okay to bring Survey_Conduct table for our CDM instance (5.3.1)?

Can anyone help us with this?

Got some problems with use case too.

Q1: Can we use survey_conduct for case when there are some procedures/measurements/etc. in source data united under one questionnaire?
Or, as convention says, survey_conduct is only

to store an instance of a completed survey or questionnaire

Q2: what kind of domains are suitable for survey_concept_id?

t