OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Smaller ANCESTOR table in the new download

Hi @Dymshyts, I just downloaded the CDM Vocab, and noticed CONCEPT_ANCESTOR table is about half smaller than the previous download. Has been there any changes in populating the ancestry records? Just double-checking.

Thanks!

@abedtash_hamed:

Welcome back. We ran into issue, and then the holidays hit. Finalizing now.

CR

Hi, @abedtash_hamed
And it affects only NDFRT and VA Class relationships to RxNorm (Extension),
I doubt you use these anywhere. So in general it should be fine.

Just talked to @Christian_Reich,

He meant ATC saying

And NDFRT and VA Class disappearance is correct as NLM doesn’t support them anymore.
They have MED-RT classification we are working on now.

Hi Christian, It’s good to be back after a long vacation :smiley: Thanks for the update.

Thanks @Dymshyts! No worries, we have no use case for VA and NDFRT now. It should be OK. Thanks for the update.

1 Like

You are welcome. Except Dima is right: It’s the death of NDF-RT that caused the shortfall, not ATC.

Got it. Thanks!

I used them :sob:

@esholle:

Yes, it’s sad. They were actually good. I used to love VA Class.

But, they went the way all things go on this earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Good news is that NDF-RT is going to be replaced by MED-RT. Except it’s not clear how we are going to finagle it into our Classification system. They do odd things, like having a substance be the parent of a class, which in turn is the parent of a bunch of agonists to the substance. So, Vitamin A is parent to a class “Vitamin A agonists”, which has all the Vitamin A agonists as members. Screws us up royally. I will propose a solution soon. If I can think of one. :slight_smile:

t