Healthcare Sr Data Scientist Position at Celgene
Celgene’s IKU (Information, Knowledge, Utilization) organization was formed to manage healthcare data as a core asset and harness its derived insights to drive decision-making across the entire organization; from research through to market access. The Senior Data Scientist is a key member of IKU’s data sciences team and conducts high-quality statistical and/or machine learning analyses utilizing real world evidence (RWE) and other healthcare-related data sources to answer exploratory questions and support Celgene goals, publication plans and cross-functional internal and external RWE collaborations.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned data scientist with experience in large-scale healthcare data analysis. S/he will be experienced working in environments demanding diverse data sources, such as clinical trial data, electronic health record data, insurance claims data, and disease/patient registry data. The candidate must be hands-on and action oriented with a demonstrated ability to deliver on data-driven research projects. The candidate has demonstrated ability to actively listen, integrate input from diverse sources, and collaboratively translate medical or business questions into data and analysis requirements and a clear path forward.
This role will be required to maintain a deep scientific and analytical understanding of healthcare data, from data generation, collection, integration to its analysis and interpretation. This role will also be empowered to actively improve and innovate upon each of those areas.
Overall responsibilities include:
• Directly participate in multiple analytics projects
• Collaboratively develop analysis plans based on clinical or business questions, and lead their execution through the use of existing analytic approaches or the development of novel ones.
• Interpret data analysis results in clinical or business context, and articulate the implications of the results to the business function
• Represent the IKU Data Sciences group and its capabilities in meetings with nontechnical peers
• Work in a fast-paced multidisciplinary dynamic environment, and as necessary create examples, prototypes, demonstrations to help the business better understand innovative solutions
• Collaborate with team members to meet project checkpoints and accomplish team objectives
Key competencies, skills, and attributes:
• Advanced knowledge of a subset of analytical approaches (ex. machine learning, statistical analysis, predictive modeling, visual analytics) and the desire to continually learn and grow your analytical skillset
• Ability to work with structured and unstructured data
• Excellent communication skills with an ability to communicate complex matters in laymen’s terms
• Ability to multi-task and handle numerous complex relationships at a time
• Demonstrated ability to engage in effective joint problem-solving to address key challenges
Education and Experience Guidelines:
• 3+ years experience in pharmaceutical / biotechnology / healthcare / health IT industry
• Advanced degree (MSc., MPH, PhD) in Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Computer Science, Informatics, Mathematics, or related field with a substantial statistical component; or postdoctoral fellowship and/or accredited training in data-related sciences with a substantial statistical component
• At least 2 years education or experience in observational healthcare data analyses
Technical Experience Guidelines:
• Advanced hands-on knowledge of R and/or Python
• Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases
• Experience analyzing data from traditional healthcare databases (electronic medical records, claims, etc) is preferred
• Experience working with OHDSI tools and the OMOP CDM is preferred
• Experience with Hadoop platforms (ex Cloudera, Hortonworks) and related “big data” technologies is preferred
• Experience working in Cloud Computing environments (ex AWS, Azure, etc) is preferred
You can apply online at: http://jobs.celgene.com/ShowJob/Id/973948/Senior-Data-Scientist,-IKU/