OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

NULL Vocabulary_versions

Good Afternoon,

I wanted to see if anyone could comment on there being NULL Vocabulary_versions. As we are building our v5 product I wrote in requirements that the Vocabulary_Version should not be null. (As the CDMv5 spec’s state). Should this be okay? If so, should we have the spec’s updated? If not, I guess corrections would be made from the OHDSI group?

Issue found on the following:

Thanks,
JG

@Jerrod.George:

You have a point. Problem is that these are either home-made or dead (and therefore have no more versions, for example Oxmis). But let’s do the following: We put in the date we touched it last, and that’s the version. If it never changes - so be it.

Okay. So just to confirm. Where we find a NULL place in the date we “load” from Athena, and leave it as such. Correct?

Yes. But if there is a non-nullable field and Athena gives you a NULL keep screaming. :smile:

@Christian_Reich

Thank you sir!

In the latest download there are still NULLs in VOCABULARY.VOCABULARY_VERSION column (at least WHERE vocabulary_id=‘Gender’; we are changing DDL to allow nulls - once we load the table, I will report which other vocabularies have NULL in this column).

So what’s the decision:
do we change DDL making vocabulary version nullable
or
make put some dummy into the vocabulary, kind of “OMOP generated” or “Unknown”?

Ok. so we’re making them nullable in cdm v6.0.
here’s the github issue https://github.com/OHDSI/CommonDataModel/issues/149#event-1871382114

tagging @clairblacketer

1 Like

Yes

t