OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Laertes API

• The API will use HTTP GET/POST queries (sending JSON, receiving JSON, JSON-LD, csv, etc) inspired by the current Bioportal REST API

• Implementing the API using a layer that hides the details of querying the KB schema- Simple format for returned documents (caller can customize)

• Competency questions

• Show what evidence is in the KB related to concept
    • many filters could apply including:
      • filtering by another concept (drug or HOI depending), no restriction on the level of the concept in the Standard Vocab
      • evidence sources, evidence types, methods for signal generation, specific statistics for signal generation, modality of evidence (support/refute)
      • Metadata about sources
      • Filters related to the Open Annotation
        • Target and Selector parameters (drug product label section, or methods/results/conclusion statements, etc)
        • Body parameters – depends on the source

Sounds great. Do you think you will be able to use the Wiki to document the structure of the JSON models to post to the API for the supported queries? I mentioned on the call the potential to use something like Swagger. I also mentioned I have no experience with it, but things like this sample page show a great example of how they let you document some of these POST methods.

I’ve found Swagger makes it super easy to test out API’s-- here are some other examples from that same test site with a wide variety of parameters that you can select. Basically avoids the need to craft JSON and POST manually or via REST client like Postman.

t