OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Is there a way we can get a Crosswalk from ICD9-ICD10 and ICD10-SNOMED and Similar for other Vocab

We are trying to utilize the concept table and build an interface where we want to show the cross walk as well. Is there a way we can use the codes in Concept table and create crosswalk for them and store as a separate table in our metadata… It helps user to view the relevant code in different vocab. For example if I am looking at 250.0 in ICD 9 , We wanted the ability to also look at the relevant ICD10/SNOMED code for 250.0 in the interface. It will be great if we can get a downloadable file from Athena or any logic which we can use to create these crosswalk for all the codes in Athena.

Thanks,
Ajinkya

You can see the source code for the concept_id in ATLAS.

For the mapping table between ICD10 and SNOMED, the code below might be helpful.

SELECT source_code,target_concept_id, domain_id, X.vocabulary_id
INTO #ICD_source_to_concept
FROM @vocabulary_database_schema.CONCEPT
JOIN (SELECT concept_code as source_code, concept_id_2 as target_concept_id, vocabulary_id
FROM @vocabulary_database_schema.CONCEPT_RELATIONSHIP
JOIN @vocabulary_database_schema.CONCEPT
ON CONCEPT_RELATIONSHIP.concept_id_1 = CONCEPT_ID
WHERE CONCEPT.vocabulary_id = ‘ICD10’
AND CONCEPT_RELATIONSHIP.relationship_id = ‘maps to’
AND CONCEPT.invalid_reason IS NULL) X
ON concept.concept_id = x.target_concept_id
WHERE concept.invalid_reason is null
AND CONCEPT.standard_concept IS NOT NULL

And for ICD9CM to ICD10CM crosswalks you may use these general equivalence mappings:
https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Coding/ICD10/Downloads/2018-ICD-10-CM-General-Equivalence-Mappings.zip

@Dymshyts and @SCYou… Appreciate your prompt response. I will try this and update you if I have any additional questions.

Thanks,
Ajinkya

t