Hi, I am working on converting into the CDM data sources containing information about hematologic malignancies. Prior ICDO3 incorporation in OMOP we had created WHO 2008 classification of myeloid neoplasms, its equivalents in ICD03 and mapped them all to SNOMED. Now ICDO3 is already in the CDM, we would ideally substitute our ICDO3 to SNOMED relationships by ‘Non-standard to standard map’ ones and use ICDO3 concepts when standard. However we encountered some issues with the following concepts:
• 9891/3 Acute monocytic leukemia includes both monocytic and monoblastic leukemia but it is related only to 135768 (Acute monocytic leukemia). We had it mapped to 4189938 (Acute monocytic/monoblastic leukemia).
• 9898/1 Transient abnormal myelopoiesis is not combined with a topographic code and therefore it is only related to the observation 42872939 (Transient abnormal myelopoiesis), which makes sense since it is only the morphologic abnormality. We had it mapped to the condition with concept_id 36715588 (Transient abnormal myelopoiesis).
• 9898/3 Myeloid leukemia associated with Down Syndrome is also not combined with a topographic code. We did not have a suitable equivalent in SNOMED for this one but maybe 37119145 (Myeloid leukaemia co-occurrent with Down syndrome) could fit.
• 9727/3 Precursor cell lymphoblastic lymphoma includes blastic plasmacytoid dendritic cell neoplasm but has no relationship to its subclasses. We had it mapped to 40482072 (Blastic plasmacytoid dendritic cell neoplasm) given that it is the category in WHO 2008 classification.
• 9896/3 Acute myeloid leukemia t(8;21)(q22;q22) (only histological) related to an observation. The disease does not exist in SNOMED neither.
• 9861/3 AML, NOS includes Acute myeloid leukemia with mutated NPM1 and Acute myeloid leukemia with mutated CEBPA. Both diseases are present in SNOMED but not related to the named ICD0-3 code.
I am aware that histological-topographical combinations have been made based on ICD-O-3 SEER Site/Histology Validation List.