OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Domain Knowledgements

Hi guys,
I want to know all the domains included which not use normally like the modifier, revenue code, specimen anatomic site in OMOP CDM.
I’ve tried to find it on ohdsi, but there is lack of information.

Does anyone provide those things for me? any site?

Can you clarify your question?
Domains are here and apparently not in the place of service. As per page, “normal” ones are Condition, Measurement, Procedure, Observation, Device, Drug. Otherwise highly depends on what you want to code.

1 Like

Hello, @aostropolets
Thanks for replying. :slight_smile:
What I want to know is other domains such as “Modifier”, “Revenue code”, “Specimen anatomic site”. Normal ones have each description, but others don’t exist on the Ohdsi.

Typically a user goes in the opposite direction: from what should be coded to how it should be coded. This is one of the reasons why these domains are mentioned in the respective sections of CDM specification. For example, “Modifier” is mentioned here.
Also, the vocabularies in OMOP are non-OMOP specific and follow their innate rules, for instance Spec anatomic site.
So, unfortunately, for those that lack documentation, you’ll have to see the original documentation.

2 Likes

Thanks @aostropolets
So, your conclusion is that there’s no documentation of all the domains , and if I want to see all the domains’ information, I need to find the original documentation of domain value in any website.
Sorry if my English is not good…:frowning:

No, @aostropolets means that to find the other domains information you need to search through CommonDataModel Wiki, for example “Revenue code”

and here you go, the description is in the COST table:

1 Like

Thank you for your advice @Dymshyts
I’ll search all the domains through CDM wiki, and if I am not able to find it, I am gonna ask you about that.

1 Like
t