OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

CDM vocabulary - loinc answer code is not available

Currently, I am working on load MDS3.0 items into DB schema in CDM Version 4. As i know, all questions in MDS3 are representing by loinc code in table concept. (ex. for question A0310A “Type of assessment: OBRA”, we have loinc code “54583-0” and omopid “40757714” )

However, there is no concept available for those answer code in standard vocabulary. (ex. for answer “Admission assessment (required byday 14)”, we have code " LA10-4" in MDS3.0 item mappings but it’s not in CDM vocabulary).

After further research on CDM Version 5, i am still not find any loinc answer code in vocabulary.

How can I load loinc answer code into standard vocabulary? I will be great appreciate if anyone can help me on refers to loinc answer code based on CDM vocabularies.

References:
The mappings of loinc answer code and concepts are can be download from here “http://loinc.org/downloads/accessory-files

I am not certain, but it is possible that some of the LOINC answers are not OMOP concepts, in which case you could temporarily store the values as value_as_string rather than value_as_concept_id. But I suspect @Christian_Reich can get to the bottom of where these codes are and if they are in v5 terminology.

ps. I have moved this topic over to CDM Builders category.

Yifan:

You are right. They are missing. It’s a new thing for LOINC, they added it after our first incarnation. We need to add those. Will put on the list.

C

Now that there’s a SNOMED CT and LOINC cooperation agreement in place, there is a draft set of guidelines for using them together as you discuss. Essentially:

If we consider the observation as a question and the observation values as answers, LOINC provides codes for the questions and SNOMED CT provides codes for many of the non-numeric answers.

Not sure when it is due to be finalized, but the current draft is here: https://csfe.aceworkspace.net/sf/go/doc10699;jsessionid=YGMyC8PUq-D83yBheYLayfB0.tf?nav=1

Hope that helps,
Brandon[quote=“ningyifan, post:1, topic:169, full:true”]
Currently, I am working on load MDS3.0 items into DB schema in CDM Version 4. As i know, all questions in MDS3 are representing by loinc code in table concept. (ex. for question A0310A “Type of assessment: OBRA”, we have loinc code “54583-0” and omopid “40757714” )

However, there is no concept available for those answer code in standard vocabulary. (ex. for answer “Admission assessment (required byday 14)”, we have code " LA10-4" in MDS3.0 item mappings but it’s not in CDM vocabulary).

After further research on CDM Version 5, i am still not find any loinc answer code in vocabulary.

How can I load loinc answer code into standard vocabulary? I will be great appreciate if anyone can help me on refers to loinc answer code based on CDM vocabularies.

References:
The mappings of loinc answer code and concepts are can be download from here “http://loinc.org/downloads/accessory-files
[/quote]

Ok, got it. Thanks for your help!

Yifan

Fixed. Never realized I haven’t closed this conversation.

t