OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

ATLAS Vocabulary Hierarchy Issue for Drugs

Dear all,

My name is Song, a researcher at EvidNet, Inc. in Korea.

I’ve encountered an issue while using the public ATLAS and I am not sure whether I should post it on Vocabulary Users or Developers. Hope this is the right category.

I am not a tech person and I am still learning about the OMOP vocabulary but the hierarchy for drugs that is being retrieved in ATLAS at the moment doesn’t look logical to me.

Let’s take the drug “entecavir” for example:

1. “Ingredient” Hierarchy: Where are the rest of the 1 distance children like “Branded Drug Comp”?
  2. “Clinical Drug Comp” Hierarchy: Where are the 1 distance children like “Clinical Drug”?
  3. “Clinical Drug” Hierarchy: Where are the 1 distance parents (“Clinical Drug Comp”, “Clinical Drug Form”) and children like “Branded Drug”?
  4. “Branded Drug Comp” Hierarchy: Where are the 1 distance parents (“Ingredient”, “Clinical Drug Comp”) and children (“Branded Drug”)?
  5. “Branded Drug” Hierarchy: Why is “Branded Drug Comp” shown as a child instead of a parent? Where are the 1 distance parents like “Branded Drug Form”? Where are the 1 distance children (“Branded Drug Box”, “Marketed Product”)?

Would really appreciate it if anyone could help out with the confusion I am facing here!

2 Likes

@gyeol99:

Welcome to the family.

You confusion is justified. Something is wrong there. Will debug. @Chris_Knoll, @pavgra, @Frank?

Thank you @Christian_Reich for your warm welcome and feedback!

Hi @Chris_Knoll,

Sorry to bring you into this thread out of the blue but the question I raised above still seems to be an issue.

Would really appreciate it if you could check it out.

Thanks in advance!

Song

t