OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Algorithmic Phenotyping Workgroup in 2021

Greetings!

After a short-lived comeback in 2020, the Algorithmic/Probabilistic Phenotyping workgroup is set to make a formal return in 2021. We have have a MS teams group for this and I am calling all interested to respond to this post so I can add you to the group. Once we have some quorum we will vote on a meeting time every 2 weeks or so at first. Some of the planned things for 2021 for this workgroup are:

1. Probabilistic COVID-19 phenotype definition. We all seen the very detailed and constantly shifting rule-based definitions from places like N3C, etc. The idea here is to try to come up with a probabilistic definition, first using APHRODITE, but open to other ideas. Now that sites have more data (this idea was floated around May 2020) this seems to be more feasible to do.

2. Algorithmic phenotype algorithmic fairness for underrepresented minorities. This is part of a project I am working on within older adults communities (https://aging.stanford.edu/2020/05/juan-m-banda-phd/), but this topic seems to be gaining interest within the ML in healthcare community.

We are also open to any additional ideas or contributions in this space, as it is quite wide, we are looking forward to hearing from the OG OHDSIers and the new members that have joined in the past few months.

Feel free to ping me here or in MS Teams so I can add you to the WG.

Hey Juan,

Iā€™m interested!

Meera

1 Like
t