OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

OMOP version 6 - put on ice?

We use version 6 and have for several years without any real issue but we don’t really use the OHDSI tools very much we have built our own. We are backing tracking our large NIH Transfusion DB to 5.4 which isn’t too big a deal. Our other NIH database has never really received much data (long story) but 6 had advantages there potentially as well. So there are people out there with experience with hundreds of millions really billions of rows of data that have not had issues with 6. But if it is never going to move forward then agree it should come off the website to some archived area.

2 Likes

PC-DOS 2.0 was the “new” OS on my first computer. :mage:

1 Like

You have me beat, but only slightly. I do remember reading the magazine articles debating pc-dos vs ms-dos… I just did not have a computer yet.

1 Like

here is another CDM v6 victim

@all - now, after this extensive discussion, can we propose a decision:

Option 1 - Archive OMOP v6:

1. Re-state that our current production version of OMOP CDM is 5.4
  2. CDM v6 is in archive or put it into development state e.g. all DDLs, WIKI (remove from production release site) etc…

Option 2 - Keep everything as-is:

Do nothing and just smile with sympathy when we see another poor soul falling into the trap trying to convert into OMOP CDM v6 before realizing it is not “the One” and no tools “currently” - meaning ever - will support it?

@clairblacketer @Christian_Reich @Patrick_Ryan maybe do a public poll and see what people say?

If we move away from 6.0, is there any plan on adding questionnaire tables like survey conduct to a future 6.1? I would love to keep track of the questionnaire/PRO workgroup progress and talks

t