OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

New study proposal - prediction of hospitalization for covid19 amongst younger people

Ajou univ would like to participate also :grinning:

2 Likes

I am interested as a non data contributor

1 Like

Hi Dr. Daniel Prieto-Alhambra @Daniel_Prieto.
I would like to contribute to this topic as well. I’m from Columbia University.

1 Like

Happy to lead- co-lead. Will get the ball rolling and share updates soon!

1 Like

Dear all,
I’ve been working with @Sara_Khalid1 , @jennareps , @Patrick_Ryan , and others to prepare cohorts etc, and we now have a study protocol here: https://github.com/ohdsi-studies/CoverAge

Could you please provide us with any feedback by end of this week if at all possible? Sara has also created T cohorts she could share if you wanted to check number of potential participants in your data. Please reach out if you’d be interested to run a cohort diagnostics

cheers

2 Likes

Hi All

Indeed, T cohorts are ready for you to try in your datasets! Please have a read of the Cover-Age study protocol and let me know if you’d like the JSON files that you will need to run the cohort diagnostics. At this point we are looking for suitable databases so please feel free to reach out. :slightly_smiling_face:

best
Sara

Hi, It’s my humble opinion. Just to clarify. Are <50 years young patients limited over 18 only? the protocol has the expression “young adult” in some paragraphs, but some are not. Some news and studies have shown that adolescents or children under the age of 18 have fewer covid infections and generally mild. so it can cause the calibration issue, we can limit the T to only adults. If it’s already obvious, feel free to ignore it.

Thanks
Chungsoo

Hi @Sara_Khalid1.
Sorry if I missed it. I’m looking for JSON files for three target cohorts that are defined in the protocol. Could you please let me know where I can find JSON files for target cohorts? And just for your information, my email is jk4388@cumc.columbia.edu.

And for other members in this thread. This article is also targeting young-age patients. Although the study population only includes hospitalized patients. https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2770542

Sincerely,
Jaehyun

Thank you jaerung90 and Chungsoo_Kim for your interest in this study and for your valuable comments. I am updating the Json files and will share a link here as soon as ready. Watch this space! :slight_smile:

t