OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

NDC 11917% concept to standard concept


(Shinjinaka) #1

Hi All,

Attached is the data include my finding of 79 NDC codes that’s start from “11917” having odd concept_relationship by “Maps to” relationship_id. The data is from physician prescription database in outpatient setting. The source code tight with source_code_description and is mapped with NDC that exist in two tables (“medication” and “medicationde”) in the same database.

When I compared the source_code_description and ndc_name which is stored in OMOP, these seems make sense. However, when I compared the “ndc_name” and “Maps_to name” which I mapped by using concept_relationship table with relationship_id = ‘Maps_to’, they don’t make sense.

Is that because these NDC concept_name in OMOP changed in the past and the “Maps to” information was not updated?

Can someone check your database and check the source descriptions for the NDC starts from “11917”? Please report if you find some discrepancy between NDC and “Maps to” concept.

In the attached file, I also included “suggested_concept_id” column for “Maps to” relationship_id. Please feel free to correct if you have a better data for “Maps to” relationship_id.

Thanks,

----please add your source description info in the query below if you have one----
select
drug_source_value
,drug_source_concept_id
,c1.concept_name
,c2.concept_id
,c2.concept_name
,count(*)
from drug_exposure de
left join concept c1 on c1.concept_code = drug_source_value and c1.vocabulary_id in (‘NDC’)
left join concept_relationship r on r.concept_id_1 = c1.concept_id and r.relationship_id = ‘Maps to’
left join concept c2 on c2.concept_id = r.concept_id_2 and c2.vocabulary_id in ( ‘RxNorm’,‘RxNorm Extension’,‘NDC’, ‘SNOMED’) and c2.standard_concept = ‘S’
where drug_source_value like ‘11917%’
group by
drug_source_value
,drug_source_concept_id
,c1.concept_name
,c2.concept_id
,c2.concept_name
order by c1.concept_name
OHDSI_concept_relationship_11917.xlsx (36.0 KB)


t