I downloaded Anthem vocabulary on May 7. A week later I ran the provided windows batch file to download CPT-4 data. When I imported the combined concept csv file into MS SQL database I get an error for invalid_reason column truncated. I imported the concept csv without CPT-4 without an issue. I ran the batch file into an empty concept csv file. Base on comparing the concept_CPT4.csv file and the newly generated concept.csv file, it appears the code is putting a space in the invalid_reason column and concatenating the “D” (when present in the concept_CPT4.csv). That give it a length of 2 which is grater than the concept table MS SQL DDL for the column length of 1.
My process is:
- download file from ANTHEM
- extract zipped file in the same directory
- From windows command prompt execute cpt.bat
- Batch insert concept.csv file into MS SQL Server table concept
- Do nothing with file CONCEPT_CPT4.csv
Is my process correct or am I missing a step?