OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Map ECMO flowsheet rows to OMOP concept

Hello

We are developing an ECMO registry using the OMOP data model which gets data from Epic EMR. The registry is interested in collecting flowsheet meaurements on ECMO patients, we are having difficulties in mapping the flowsheet row names to OMOP concepts. I can’t find appropriately matched OMOP concepts for those granular measurements. Here are some examples of the flowsheet row names:

R ECMO POST-OXYGENATOR PRESSURE
R ECMO TOTAL FLOW (L/MIN)
R ECMO PUMP SPEED (ROTATIONS/MIN)
R ECMO HEPARIN DRIP RATE
R ECMO SWEEP

We are evaluating the development of a custom OMOP concepts to reflect these flowsheet data.

I would appreciate if you can advise or share your experience of working with ECMO flowsheet data in OMOP.

Thanks
Jack

@jchang:

It’s not in OMOP currently, and not part of the core in future, either. Those are configurations of a device. This would be an expansion of the OMOP CDM, which we welcome. But you guys have to figure out it. Good news: @funaesthesia and her friends have discussed it before: ECMO and DEVICE_EXPOSURE - #3 by funaesthesia. Come up with a good model and we endorse it.

@jchang

We are going for an ECLS model either. DM me and maybe we can collaborate? :slight_smile:

t