Suppose I have both medical claims, medical eligibility records, pharmacy claims, and pharmacy eligibility records populating an OMOP CDM. Is there a convention for how to include both medical and pharmacy eligibility information in the observation_period table?
Some options are:
- Use only medical eligibility to derive observation_period. Only include pharmacy claims that occur during a period of medical eligibility.
- Use the intersection of medical and pharmacy eligibility to derive observation_period.
- Use the union of medical and pharmacy eligibility to derive observation period.
- Use both medical and pharmacy eligibility but split up observation periods into three types of observation: Medical only, pharmacy only, both medical and pharmacy. Possibly use the period_type_concept_id to store the type of observation period.
- Create two separate observation_period tables, one from medical eligibility and one from pharmacy eligibility
- Create two separate CDMs one for medical claims/eligibility and one for pharmacy claims/eligibility
Has anyone else tackled this issue?