OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Atlas Creation button disable after activation of security

Hi, I think I incorrectly marked the wrong branch as a release. Let me refresh the relase, and I’ll report back.

Ok, I’ve re-released the 2.2.1 hotfix. Please try to download and let me know if you don’t see the changes. Sorry about that!

@Chris_Knoll,

I have successfully tested it this morning. The button enable/disable seems to be working as expected. :smile:

Thanks for your help and support!

@Chris_Knoll ,

I have been trying to test more of the functionality of the application, and have been running into some other odd issues.

I was able to create the new concept set, however I wasn’t able to save any updates to it. I get a 403 response when I attempt to make the update. It looks like something still isn’t quite configured right in the security checks. Something else that could possibly be related to missing permissions is that the checkboxes for Exclude, Descendants, and Mapped were all disabled.

Ok, thank you for continuing to work through the issues!

If you created the concept set, then that means you had create permissions granted, but it’s possible that update permissions weren’t configured properly. if you are getting a 403 response from the server, that means that the request was made to the service, but the authorization check failed (ie: your user doesn’t have the permissions to update concept sets). This could be an issue with the security layer, we will need to investigate save/load operations when security is enabled.

Hello @larosee, @Chris_Knoll,

I was not on the Atlas topic the last few weeks but I saw your discussion and I also tried the new release 2.2.1.
It seems to solve some issues.

With the security on, I am now able to create new cohorts, update them and delete them.
However, I also have trouble with the Concept Sets. The creation button is enable but when I click on Save for the first time it does nothing except saving an empty concept set. Moreover, I am not able to delete it. The button ‘Delete’ is disable so does the ‘Save’ button if I close the Concept Set and try to modify it. I guess it is similar to what experienced larosee.

I checked my user mapping in the database and it seems ok for me. I think I should be able to do these operations.
I also noticed that to update a cohort, ‘put’ was used whereas ‘post’ was used to update a concept set. Modifying the ‘post’ to ‘put’ in the database allowed me to update and save correctly a concept set but I didn’t find a workaround to delete it.

Hi @erwanlc - just wanted to follow up on this note since we just released v2.3.0 of Atlas/WebAPI and in that new build there are a number of fixes/improvements to the security module that should help with the issues you noted. Can you try the new build and report any issues via GitHub?

Thanks!

Hello @anthonysena,

Security seems to work well with the release 2.3 !
I tested the creation, saving and deletion for all the tabs and I didn’t face any issue.
I was a bit confused at the beginning because I didn’t have access to the ‘Incidence Rates’, ‘Estimation’ and ‘Prediction’ tab by default but then, I saw the new ‘Atlas users’ role.

I will go through the other functionalities and report any issues on GitHub.

Thanks a lot for the work !

@erwanlc
Hello,

Hope you are doing well.
I am also trying to enable the security in Atlas. Could you please let me know the process on how we can do the Windows Authentication process step by step as I am not getting any fruitful links to enable the security.

As you mentioned the changes in settings.xml and config.js file, I did it and rebuild the WebAPI.war file and deployed, but I am not getting any prompt to enter windows credentials.

Any help will be appreciated,

Thank you.

t