OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Welcome to OHDSI! - Please introduce yourself

Hi everyone,

I am Junghoon Woo, a data scientist at KPMG Data & Analytics group. I have been working for a U.S. government healthcare transformation engagement by implementing an analytics sandbox that can support pilots for experimenting alternative payment (Value based payment) models in the field. Currently, I and the firm is interested in supporting U.S. government on 1. Opioid addiction monitoring and prevention, 2. Digital Diabetes Prevention, 3. Reducing Fraud, Waste, and Abuse using data & analytics. I’m excited to see how we can leverage OHDSI for improving U.S. healthcare system. Prior to joining KPMG, I did my Ph.D. in Biomedical informatics (DBMI) at Columbia University. I’m currently not 100% clear how I could contribute to the community but it is likely to be either a software development or research paper. thank you!

Hello,

My name is Pablo Lorenzzoni, I am a Radiologist from Brazil. I also work for a Data Science company - called Propus Data Science - which has done some work in the Oil Industry and lately is targeting the healthcare industry (hence my involvement). Besides Medicine and Radiology I am passionate about technology in general and Big Data in particular so I see this as a good opportunity to join my lifelong passions.

I am not sure how I’d be able to collaborate, but I figure that testing your tools and/or joining some on-going or an about-to-begin study would be good ways to start.

Hi, all. I am excited to join the OHDSI community.

I am Shyam Visweswaran, associate professor of biomedical informatics at University of Pittsburgh. I work on developing algorithms that can automatically characterize the subphenotype or endotype for a person based on clinical and molecular data. I also work on developing smarter EMRs that identify and highlight the right data about the right patient at the right time to the right user. Additionally, I am am involved in creating observational data marts for large national initiatives like PCORnet, NCATS ACT, and the Precision Medicine Initiative. I am new to the OMOP common data model and my first impressions are that it is very well thought out.

Hi

My name is Neil Robinson. I am a contractor with the NHS. I am the user co-chair for IHE-UK (Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise). So I am very much involved in Interoperability and document repositories. I have developed fully structured documents for mental Health and an underlying SQL database. The reason for joining is to see where the move to make data available for analytics and risk stratification fits with you guys.
On the document level working with NHS Digital Terminology group and PRSB on document metadata coding with Snomed.
Looking to see how to square the circle with PRSB headings; Snomed; HL7 CDA and CDM.
Of course interested to see any views out there on FHIR Jason and open source document stores.

Hello!

Mitch Maltenfort here, a very new hire at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. I’m an R user with interests in risk models and longitudinal studies. I know just enough to be publishable and/or dangerous and would like to learn more. My first exposure to OMOP was seeing Madigan’s description of how much results can vary based on which database was used and exactly how it was analyzed.

Hello,

I am Mark Anikst, a member of the R&D Group at Nanthealth. I have started using OHDSI tools to perform analytics for clinical trial outcomes, and am interested in keeping current on the evolution of these tools and methods they implement.

Hello,

I am Sagar K. I have started working as a Pharmacy Benefits Management analyst. I am pretty new to this field and on a learning curve of PBM. As I will start getting some understanding of the field, I will start contributing to OHDSI.

Thanks & Cheers,
Sagar

Hello Everyone,

We are Brainpan Innovations, a healthcare company for emerging markets that promises transition from prescriptive to preventative healthcare. We aim to bridge the gaps between life sciences and computing for developing economies. We are primarily focused towards Electronic Health Records, Medical Imaging, Pediatric Healthcare, and Epidemiology.

We are currently working with private practitioners, polyclinics, private and government hospitals in India. Our vision is to create a healthier and a better world.

We are extremely excited to join this journey as we understand the tremendous unrealized potential of health data and its impact on healthcare.

We heard about OHDSI from George Hripcsak and Sharon Sputz. It’s a great opportunity for us to collaborate and be a part of this noble journey. We hope to join the journey of ODHSI, and look forward to meeting you all.

Sincerely,
Abhijit Das

Hello everyone,

I am Mindy Tai, manger at global health economics team with Amgen.
I have a BS in Pharmacy back in my home country Taiwan and recently graduated from the University of Maryland School of Pharmacy – major in pharmacoepidemiology. I have many years experiences in large database analyses and strong interest in observational research. Very excited to join this community!

Best,
Mindy

Hello everyone,

I’m Fred Rahmanian. I currently serve as the CTO for a healthcare analytic company in the US. We are a wholly own subsidiary of a payor in US. I’m a longtime software architect and, for the last few years, data scientist. I love working with anything data and healthcare related. I was very excited to find out about OHSDI. At this time, my interesting for participating is purely for personal interest. During that past few years, I’ve had the rare opportunity to work with some very large healthcare-related datasets. I hope to improve on my experiences by participating here.

Looking forward to learning from and working with all of you,

Fred

please do… my mother suffers from rheumatoid arthritis…

1 Like

Hi everyone.

I’m Tom Wilson, I recently joined ASCO CancerLinQ as lead software engineer. I started in health data at Stanford in 2001 (before that I was building enterprise web applications), worked at Axolotl HIE And OptumInsight and most recently Philips Healthcare as part of the team building the HealthSuite Digital Platform. At CancerLinQ I’ll be working with the OHDSI common data model and other tools to provide deep learning for oncology practices. I’m just getting started here but really excited about the work ahead and getting to know the the community.

Hi Maura and everyone, my name is Feifan Liu, just started a new job at university of massachusetts medical school as an assistant professor. My background is natural language processing and am interested in how to apply novel NLP approaches on EHR data for next generation clinical decision support system.
I am new to OHDSI and CDM, and like to have an opportunity to first contribute on some existing research study. Hope to be more OHDSI-ed in an innovative way. :slight_smile:

Hello. I’m Steph van Schalkwyk. I specialize in enterprise search engines (SOLR, ElasticSearch, Lucene, SharePoint and all versions of FAST), NLP and ML. I am particularly interested in simplifying access to medical and pharmaceutical data repositories, extracting latent features and performing ML on these repositories.
My interest at this time is commercial, and I undertake to make code and findings available to the community.

Hi there,
My name is Catherine Kerr and I work for ICON, a clinical research organization based in Dublin, Ireland.
I am working with @ColinOrr on the design and development of a technology platform for a global benchmarking initiative that ICON is conducting as a partner of the ICHOM consortium (ichom.org). This platform is intended to capture data related to patient outcomes for all of the diseases that have been defined in “standard sets” by ICHOM. Much of this data is patient-reported, as per ICHOM’s mission. The proposal is to use the OMOP CDM as a repository for the data. My role is a Business Analyst on this project and I have a software development and data science background, but limited experience in the healthcare sector. I am sure I will have questions that the community can help me with as we move forward :smiley:

Greetings,

I am Markeese Robinson and I work at a Federally Qualified Community Health Center located in Jackson, Mississippi.

I need help with the OMOP conversion tools that are listed on the OHDSI website.
We would also like to understand the process to convert the EHR data to the OMOP format.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you in advance for any assistance that you can offer.

Hello everyone,
I’m Seongmin Choi and I currently work as a bioinformatician in Seoul National University Hospital, in Seoul, South Korea.
My ultimate goal in joining the OHDSI network is to use and develop the pipelines and methods of OHDSI.
But as of now, I think I first must follow-up the codes and reproduce some data to get accustomed to the system.
By the way, thank you, Ryan, Martijn and Marc, for your welcoming talks in the OHDSI symposium in Ajou University. :smile:

1 Like

Hello Markeese
I’m an OHDSI collaborator at the University of Colorado, and have a network of FQHCs that use OMOP, and we’ve done a lot of work with source to OMOP conversion and created some software to assist FQHCs. Maybe we can chat sometime soon. My work email is lisa.schilling@ucdenver.edu. Best, Lisa

Hi Everyone,

I’m a doctoral candidate at the National University of Singapore. And I am delighted to join this community to learn and to contribute to the benefits of public health. My research areas are situated in health analytics, shared decision making, patient decision aid, and mHealth / eHealth. I am hardcore in R & Java Programming, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Statistical Packages, or even CUDA. Besides, I have some experience with RCT and EMR.

I would like to join the OHDSI to be a part of open source initiatives and to write codes for meaningful purposes.

Thanks and looking forward to devoting to this community development.
Best regards,
Harry Nguyen

Hi everybody

I’m Yu Rang Park.
I’m a professor of Health Innovation Bigdata Center (Bigdata Center) and IT director of the Clinical Trial Center at Asan Medical Center,Seoul, South Korea.
Asan Medical Center is one of the tertiary hospitals with which has 2,714 beds and 11,380 outpatients per day.
I’m a data scientist with background in data mining and statistics with a focus on predictive modeling and natural language processing of narrative text in clinical chart. I am also interested in developing algorithms to streamline IT or data-based clinical trials.
Our Bigdata center and I are in the process of converting Asan Medical Center EMR data to OMOP CDM, and we hope that the community will be able to help with the various problems that arise during this process.
I think OHDSI is the only one community in the world that can create next-generation clinical research involving individual researchers, institutions and hospitals around the world.
I am so glad to know this community and I want to contribute a lot in the future.

Sincerely,
Yu Rang Park

1 Like
t