OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

WebAPI Spring Configuration

This seems like it should be a simple problem but I can’t figure out what I’m missing. When I start WebAPI on Tomcat I get this error. Is there somewhere I need to declare the database type?

Error starting ApplicationContext. To display the auto-configuration report re-run your application with ‘debug’ enabled.
2017-04-25 18:28:57.458 ERROR main org.springframework.boot.SpringApplication - - Application startup failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name ‘jobService’: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through field ‘jobExecutionDao’; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘searchableJobExecutionDao’ defined in class path resource [org/ohdsi/webapi/JobConfig.class]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not inspect meta data for database type. You have to supply it explicitly.

This usually means your database connection string is not properly configured. Can you test your JDBC url, username and password using a java client (such as SqlWorkbenchJ) to connect to the server?

-Chris

t