OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

WebApi and ATLAS with CDM v6

Can we install and work on ATLAS and webAPI with CDM v6?

Also I have downloaded Achilles on CDM v6 and got the errors related to death table and era. But after going through issues on git, got to know that we need to refer v6 when installing Achilles for error free analysis (Link - https://github.com/OHDSI/Achilles/issues/333#issuecomment-478714609).

So is there’s another way to have webAPI ATLAS for v6 or we can work on both of them as is with v6?

Currently, none of the tools support v6

@Ajit_Londhe

Okey, Thanks

Hello. I’m new to the community and apologize if I’m not posting this in the correct place. If one were starting a new project to migrate a proprietary registry schema to OMOP, what version of OMOP would you recommend? My initial thought was to start with 6.0 but as I dig in a little deeper it seems the tools haven’t caught up yet. Thank you.

If you are planning to use OHDSI tools e.g. ATLAS, ACHILLES, DQ etc… - then my recommendation is to go for OMOP CDM v5.3.1. It is a stable and proven schema that can satisfy most of the use cases.

ATLAS v3 will provide support for CDM v6 but this version will be available somewhere in Q3, 2020. At that point, CDM v6 should be stable and mature and I do not expect that migration from OMOP CDM v5 to v6 will be a big effort.

Hi all, although currently ATLAS does not support CDM v6, how would it respond to an instance in v6? I wonder if the tool’s funcionalities on entities that are common in v5 and v6 are kept and new entities are simply ignored or ATLAS does not respond at all.
Many thanks!

Hi @aahc as long as you don’t use the DEATH table and populate the *_date fields alongside the *_datetime fields I think it would be ok. The DEATH table was deprecated in v6 and the *_date fields were changed to optional, though in v5.3.1 they were required.

It would be a good experiment. I think you might hit a few issues, including with date_time fields, cost, location, domain_id references etc…

Just wondering, what unique CDM v6 features are you looking for?

Thanks for your help. Mainly we will be modelling survey data, with the aim of being able to retrieve the questions associated to specific surveys. While the survey_conduct table would not be read by ATLAS, as long as the questions are associated to the respective survey through the concept_relationship table, if ATLAS can work with the concept_relationships and observation fields already present in v5, the main use case would be supported (if the experiment goes well).

t