OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Vocab-Viz Working Group

Continuing the discussion from New Vocabulary/Population Visualization Working Group.

We had a great meeting yesterday, but didn’t have time to talk about a schedule for future meetings. I suggest that we convene the whole group monthly on the Last Tuesday, at 11:00, right before the main OHDSI call; but that we get a couple of other smaller meetings going right away:

• @krfeeney has already initiated scheduling a meeting to discuss and coordinate (I believe) development and design efforts;
  • @MPhilofsky, @schillil, and I are starting to figure out public documentation for our group; and
  • I’m also hoping to begin talking with @gregk and the Odysseus team about structuring data for visualization.

With all of these, I think we’ll be planning and talking over email, not on the forum and not spamming the whole VVWG, so if you’d like to be involved in any of them, let us know.

Very excited to be working with you all,
Sigfried

Hi Sigfried, I’m following up on the task for me (@schillil) and @MPhilofsky - my recall is that we’d start to outline a functional requirements document, but the notes and documentation of the wiki already has use cases. Should we extend this document?

Extend or clean up would be great.

I’m meeting with @krfeeney’s group Friday to talk about what they’re doing. Maybe they’ll be involved with requirements and design, and I don’t know what else. Anyway, I can try to make sure no one’s doing redundant work, but @MPhilofsky (and maybe you also, @schillil) is one of the users I’m particularly responsible to in my current project, so the two of you should definitely make sure the requirements reflect your needs. If the needs of other groups go in different directions, maybe we can branch off, though I still have hope that we can accommodate everyone’s vocab navigation needs in a single set of tools.

t