OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Upcoming Deadline AMIA 2020 Submissions - Who's In?

Hello OHDSI Journeymen, Journeywomen, and Journeythem!

My team is working to pull together an OHDSI-related abstract submission for AMIA 2020. We’re looking at presenting insight from standardizing data quality processes across real world data assets within a large research organization. We are using the DQ Dashboard as part of this effort. Initially we were thinking it would be a case study as a poster… but if there’s other folks who want to go in on a panel, that’s something we’d entertain.

I also was reflecting on my passion for “studies on studies” and all of the remnants we have from the network studies we’ve run in the last year. I may pull together a poster on findings of how to orchestrate large scale research across a global, dispersed community and facilitate transparency.

Got about a month left to iterate on pulling things together. Would be great to coordinate across the community (cc: @Patrick_Ryan @jposada @Vojtech_Huser @jon_duke @hripcsa @msuchard @benomark @Andrew @bnhamlin)

More info here: https://www.amia.org/amia2020/call-for-participation

SUBMISSION DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY, MARCH 11, 11:59 p.m. EDT

@krfeeney happy to be involved. I think a panel on data quality is a good idea. We can also help with a poster on running network studies but I think it might be worth a presentation :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you’re open to including case studies of using the OHDSI approach on non-OMOP data (working on it!) in a resource-constrained environment, my team is very interested in getting involved.

1 Like

I will be at fall AMIA.

I would be glad to take part on DQ panel as well. In addition to below topic, we also work on dispensation data DQA.

I am planing a submission based on DQD (DQ Dashboard) - our work on finding thresholds for abnormal lab values (compare expert driven with data driven approach). In fact, if you take part in the study (see instructions at the link below), you get to be invited to the write up and co-author. It is just few lines of R code to run and full protocol is available. See the study at https://github.com/vojtechhuser/DataQuality#support-development-of-data-quality-dashboard The same study is advertised in the DQD thread. Please email me if you want to take part in the study. (vojtech.huser at nih.gov )

1 Like

I am. @clairblacketer and I are looking at submitting an abstract of running the DQ Dashboard around the world. Volunteers always welcomed!

1 Like

What are you doing in terms of OHDSI approach on nonOMOP data? I am trying to see if similar approaches can be taken with brain imaging metrics.

I’m thinking of submitting something to AMIA on the CohortDiagnostics package. I’ll present this new package to the OHDSI community during the next PLP/PLE workgroup meetings on March 4 and 5.

t