OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Txpath Tool

We are interested in using the TxPath tool. We have been able to set it up and create a study. However, no results are shown after running the analysis. We already asked and received some technical help on the Github pages, but I would like to know in general what the status of the tool is.

Is the TxPath tool already production ready? Who is already using this tool (except for the developers)?

And is there any documentation or demo about the use and/or installation of TxPath? (unfortunately, I missed the demonstration at the OHDSI Symposium)

Thanks in advance!

Does anyone have an update on this? It seems that others are also struggling with implementing this tool.
Are there for instance any plans to integrate this tool into Atlas, @jon_duke?

We would be really helped with any information.

Hi @MaximMoinat, we are implementing a new version of TxPath because the original used some SQL commands that were not compatible with SQLRender. TxPath works with this branch of WebAPI if you have Postgres, Oracle, or SQL Server. BUT, I would not recommend that branch as your primary WebAPI because it is older and lacks important new features.

Will keep you posted on the updated version. And if interested in collaborating on it, let me know.

Thanks,
Jon

1 Like

Thanks for this update @jon_duke! Do you have an indication of the development timeline of the new TxPath version? We would be very grateful to stay updated and also able to test any new TxPath release.

Please let me know on what specific parts you need collaboration. Then we can have a look at how we can contribute.
Thanks again.

I would definitely be interested in collaborating on the updated version. Perhaps have someone present the approach on an architecture call or take some time at the f2f to discuss?

2 Likes

Frank, would love to discuss on Architecture call and think through how to best incorporate a this type of function into Atlas workflow. Let’s discuss further at F2F.

I am also very interested in the tool. (and could contribute to testing it).

Are there any updates on the progress on the TxPath tool?

At this moment we are exploring the old, ‘proper’ TxPath tool. First of all we want to understand what can be configured with the parameters.

By looking in the code, we came to the following descriptions of the parameters. It would be very helpful if someone could give us some feedback on this (@Frank @jon_duke?). Thanks in advance!

Study duration (days, default: 365)
A time frame starting at cohort inclusion of which a patient’s drug use/switches will be included in the results

Overlap period for drug switch events (days, default: 60)
If era’s of distinct drug use overlap, this is the number of days after which the current era of drug(s) use will induce a switch event to the drug (combination) of the new era

• Does this only affect assignation of switches (yes/no) or also the date that is assigned to a switch?

Calendar start/end dates (default: any date within study duration)
Additional absolute time constraint of what data should be used to generate the results

Minimum unit duration (days, default: 30)
Minimum number of days of continuous drug use required to allow a switch event

Minimum unit patient count (default: 10)
Minimum number of patients that must have the same drug switch event (or same initial drug) for it to be included in the results

Minimum adherence percentage (default: no minimum?)
Defined as 100% - gap percentage. Determines the maximum allowed gap percentage of a patient’s drug use for it to be considered valid (gap percentage = (average drug gap / average drug treatment duration) *100).

• Are average drug treatment duration and average drug gap based on consecutive era’s of identical drug use for each patient?
1 Like
t