OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Truven Marketscan CCAE in CDM item2

My goal is to load Truven Marketscan CCAE in a CDM repository (Redshift). I am new to both of them so please be gentle …
I want to use the ETL-CDMBuilder tool. One of the four databases needed (in the configuration) is the data source which in this case is a database that contains the Truven raw data. I am starting from the raw Truven files (for 2015) that I have on a S3 bucket so I will need to build this data source database. I am reading the Truven documentation and for CCAE there are 7 tables:
Inpatient Admissions Table (I)
Facility Header Table (F)
Inpatient Services Table (S)
Outpatient Services Table (O)
Outpatient Pharmaceutical Claims Table (D)
Enrollment Tables (A, T)

I assume that ETL-CDMBuilder is expecting these table in the data source database but there is no way I can configure this table names in the configuration file. The only thing I can configure is the connection string for the source.

Question#1: As such my question is what are the table names I should create for these 7 tables in order to meet ETL-CDMBuilder expections?

Question#2: Do we have a DDL for these 7 tables?

Thanks a lot for help!

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Question#1:
All CDMBuilder queries for getting data is here: https://github.com/OHDSI/ETL-CDMBuilder/tree/master/source/Builders/org.ohdsi.cdm.builders.truven_v5/TruvenV5/Definitions

so table names will be:
FACILITY_HEADER
INPATIENT_SERVICES
OUTPATIENT_SERVICES
DRUG_CLAIMS
ENROLLMENT_DETAIL

Question#2: you need to ask person who provided to you files on S3

Thanks,
Anton

@bradanton,
Thanks a lot.
I don’t see there Outpatient Pharmaceutical Claims Table. Any idea why?

Moreover there should be 2 Enrollment Tables (A, T) - I assume the ENROLLMENT_DETAIL.xml is for A and ENROLLMENT_DETAIL_MDCD.xml is for T. Nor sure though …

Thanks a lot!
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

1. Outpatient Pharmaceutical Claims Table -> DRUG_CLAIMS
  2. The CDM builder uses only one ENROLLMENT_DETAIL, the ENROLLMENT_DETAIL_MDCD is for another data-set - Truven Health MarketScan Multi-State Medicaid Database (Truven MDCD).

Thanks,
Anton

@bradanton
Thanks a lot!
I have also another question at ETL-CDMBuilder Redshift connection String
Not sure if you know anything about it.
Thanks again
Daniel

t