OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

THEMIS: New Initiative to create definitive conventions for data in the OMOP CDM

@kDarko:

Put your name into one of hte Focus Groups, and start attending their meetings. There is also a face-to-face coming up 8/9-Mar in 1000 Oaks, CA.

Where I can find the meeting schedules and call in information for all the Themis groups?

[quote=“DTorok, post:73, topic:3141, full:true”]
Where I can find the meeting schedules and call in information for all the Themis groups?
[/quote] It is my question too. Where did the THEMIS category go?!

@DTorok - the old page is here
http://www.ohdsi.org/web/wiki/doku.php?id=projects:workgroups:themis&s[]=themis

@abedtash_hamed - yes, it seems like the THEMIS category is gone or marked as private. @Chris_Knoll, @ericaVoss - could you please check?

@gregk and @abedtash_hamed,

Over the weekend @jon_duke pointed out that no WGs have categories, instead should use as hashtag. @Christian_Reich & I agreed so @admin removed it.

@jon_duke said it so nice via email I’ll quote him here:

I would like to suggest that the group consider rolling this back into the CDM Builders category rather than a standalone category. The Discourse platform (our Forum software) has a pretty strong bent towards lumping over splitting, which took me some getting used to when we first got it stood up. Essentially, the principle is that as many people as possible should be exposed to discussions around potentially relevant topics. This increases engagement, awareness, and potential new members in the groups.

So we’ve avoided having WG specific forums (except it seems the Method Evaluation Task Force slipped through when I wasn’t watching! :)). You can add a Themis tag to your posts (tag entry is right above the Create Topic button). I would not worry about showering THEMIS discussions upon the unsuspecting public— we enjoy seeing the work that is happening!

Sorry, I wasn’t exactly sure how to communicate it earlier and was planning on just waiting till the next team meeting - but you beat me to it!.

Does anyone know how to hashtag a thread after it has started?

Still looking the times and connection information for the various Themis working groups. Then link provided by @gregk had the meeting schedule for group 2, but I do not see when the other Themis groups meet.

@ericaVoss Click on the Topic title and you can add a tag to an existing topic by clicking on the ‘pencil’ icon next to the title at the top of the page.

I’ve now added the themis tag to the themis themed topics that I found in search (including this one).

@admin I don’t see the pencil that I can click on. That little pencil in Christian’s post isn’t “clickable” for me.

I think I’m still not getting it. :frowning:

@ericaVoss you should be able to click on the topic (thread) title (scroll up to the top of the page) which should then show the pencil icon and then you can add the tag to it.

Sounds like you may be trying to edit an individual post which wouldn’t be allowed if you didn’t create it.

When I click on the title nothing happens (in both IE and Google Chrome), no pencil icon appears.

Is it still user error? Can someone else try? :sweat:

Same here, no pencil icon.

This is working much better than having a dedicated category :wink:

Here are some screenshots I made with my non-admin forum account:

I’ll have to investigate further if you are not able to view the pencil icon.

Where are we with

?

Did we agree with

?

I’m asking, because we find an alternative way:
we can use ‘Tobacco smoking status NHIS’ concept and its answers
http://athena.ohdsi.org/search-terms/terms/43054909

Hi Christian, would love to contribute as well. I see some commonalities with my contributions to the FAIR initiative.

Hello @Christian_Reich,

I very much enjoyed participating in the OHDSI symposium in Rotterdam. I would like to join both the CDM/Vocab Dev and THEMIS working groups. I have significant experience working with FHIR, Epic, PCORnet, QDM, and OMOP across a variety of technology platforms and am looking forward to contributing.

Thanks,
Patrick
@rockdoctor

We do have several unresolved important issues in THEMIS.
I think it would be helpful if we focus on the list of 10 or somewhat more issues with ‘high priority’ in the OHDSI symposium annually. Some of candidates for this would be ‘standardization of basic information for smoking, alcohol, and physical activity’, ‘family history’, and ‘allergy’.

So, then we can figure out at least 10 issues with elegant and precise solution, annually.

How do you think, @Christian_Reich @mvanzandt

1 Like

Agree. Anything in mind? Workshop for a bunch of folks involved?

1 Like

Either bunch of folks or core THEMIS members only would be fine.

Still, I do believe if one wants to participate, she or he should have original data about it and show it (If one wants to discuss standardized rule for smoking history, then she or he should show exactly what kind of information they have (such as only data about ‘current’, ‘ex’, or ‘non smoker’?, or ‘pack-year’ data?, or answers to the ‘how many packs do you smoke per day?’)

@Christian_Reich, Is it okay if I make a thread for voting in the THEMIS Github Issue page?

I think we need standardized rule for :

1. Transfusion
  2. Smoking history
  3. Alcohol history
  4. Family history
  5. Allery
  6. Radiology data
  7. Visit for Health examination
  8. Microbiology (culture and sensitivity to the antibiotics)

Colorado will participate. We have:

The first 4 have been modeled into the CDM. We haven’t done anything with Allergy, but would like to discuss. I’m unsure on your definition for #7: Visit for Health examination. Isn’t this a Visit Occurrence? Or is there further meaning?

t