OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

TerraData OMOP development

Has anyone developed the OHDSI tools on a TerraData SQL setup. I know there was some discussion about Netezza development,

@khaynes:

I doubt it. The only Terradata implementation of OMOP I know of is at Healthcore. Send a note to Brian Greenwald [bgreenwald@healthcore.com]. He might help you if he is still there.

I developed a 3nF form of the OMOP CDM and used Teradata logical views to preserve BI and analytics layer semantics.

Hi Ed,

That sounds great! Are the Teradata mappings that you created available open source somewhere?

Greetings,

Kees

Hi Kees,

I have not posted the mappings yet. Are there any particular CDM tables that you would like to see?

Regards,

Ed

That sounds very interesting. Could we discuss this more please

Hi Gowtham,

Let’s set up a call to discuss…

Regards,

Ed

Hi Ed, Gowtham,

Maybe it’s interesting to propose this as a discussion in an upcoming community call? Or if it’s too specific we can also set up a separate TC. Maybe you can present what you did Ed to get the Teradata analytics to work on the OMOP CDM.

What I’m interested in is a scenario where you would load both the original data as provided, as well as the OMOP CDM converted data in Teradata, and run a (configurable) pipeline to do the conversion. This raises a few questions

1. Need to create a DDL for Teradata (https://github.com/OHDSI/CommonDataModel). This is probably the least of our worries, https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-orm/blob/master/hibernate-core/src/main/java/org/hibernate/dialect/TeradataDialect.java can help.

2. Devise a strategy for the OMOP conversion. A stored procedure directly in Teradata would probably be the most efficient option, but also the least maintainable / reusable. Using a tool like Kettle or Informatica . As a side note, I would be quite interested in arriving at an open source extendable framework for OMOP mapping, like we have transmart-batch in tranSMART/i2b2 world (in Spring Batch), but that’s a bigger scope.

3. WebAPI needs to be updated to include a Teradata JDBC driver and dialect. Presumably ATLAS should run fine once the data is in OMOP CDM on Teradata, although again I’m sure some debugging and tweaking is needed there too.

Are there more people in the OHDSI community interested in using Teradata? Should we set up a TC first and if enough interest see if we want to form a Working Group on this?

Greetings,

Kees

Hi Kees,

HealthCore/Anthem has implemented the OMOP CDM on Teradata. We do all the ETL processing on Teradata, but then load the incremental changes into SQL Server for ATLAS. Back in 2016 we went through the exercise of mapping Teradata w/ SqlRender. Getting ATLAS to be fully functional with Teradata is still a work-in-progress, but we would be interested in any calls regarding OMOP/OHDSI on Teradata.

-Brian

You rock!!

t