OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Technology assisting health in modern world

Hi , everyone .
I am a clinician with public health background based now in USA .
I am keen to study and analyse how modern technology is helping in better health outcomes globally .
Hope to get some points forward in this topic by our other data members .

Hi Rajeev! Welcome to the community.

You have some great questions you raised at the Boston Area Pharmaceutical Statistics and Data Sciences meet up last week. Why don’t you tell the community a bit more about your idea of characterizing TB in pediatric populations? I know there’s some folks who would be interested in hearing more!

Thanks Kristin ,
I am glad that with hep of open data sources so much more information can be shared .

Tuberculosis is a major health challenge globally .In India according to USAID data 2.7 million have TB , out of which 147,000 have multidrug resistant TB.
But among theses MDR-TB patients only 46% have successful treatment .

Now if we compare with developed world , like USA .
According to CDC In 2018 , 9025 cases were reported with 0.7% increase in cases .
But up to 13 million people live with latent TB in USA and it is important to identify and treat latent TB infection among high risk populations.
With our very active community here , I want to find answers of identification of these high risk individuals who may be missing the treatment .

I welcome all suggestions and ideas on how to look at open source data around migrant TB , paediatric TB , or TB in elderly ( locally or country specific).

1 Like
t