OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Suggested new mappings (relationships) for vocabulary - how to submit?

(Sulev Reisberg) #1

I’m currently working on a large set of national EHR data and trying to map them to OMOP CDM. All the diagnoses are given as ICD-10 codes, but approx 5% of them do not have a corresponding mapping to standard concepts. So, I’ve prepared a custom mapping for them, but I can’t see a reason why they shouldn’t be part of the standard mapping. For instance:

45606791 ICD-code “Epistaxis” has currently no mapping, but should have a relationship to 4096682 Standard concept “Bleeding from nose, epistaxis”

However, it has been unclear to me to where to submit or git commit such mappings or what is the relevant “board” to review these mappings…?

(Roger Carlson) #2

http://athena.ohdsi.org/search-terms/terms?page=1&pageSize=15&query=R04.0

ICD10 (45606791) does not have such a mapping, but ICD10CM (35211270) does.

(Sulev Reisberg) #3

Thanks @roger.carlson

I think there should be also mapping for ICD10.

However, there are also other examples that are not given in ICD10CM either, e.g Z25.1:

45581017 Z25.1 - Need for immunization against influenza
should map to (currently no map)
44784283 - Requires influenza virus vaccination

So take my question more general… commonly used codes need a mapping. What is the process to add them?

(Roger Carlson) #4

Okay. Sorry. I thought you might just be limiting yourself to ICD10. It’s much smaller than ICD10CM.

Maybe try here: https://github.com/OHDSI/OMOP-Standardized-Vocabularies/issues

(Don Torok) #5

If your source data is from the United States you should be using ICD10CM. The other ICD10 vocabulary is from the World Health Organization.

(Sulev Reisberg) #6

Yes, my data is from Europe.

(Anna Ostropolets) #7

Of course, they should. And actually @Dymshyts is working on that now. The reason why ICD10 is covered not as well as ICD10CM is simpe: the need in ICD10CM mappings is more prominent.

To comment, propose or report an issue please go to:

(Dmytry Dymshyts) #8

Yep, updated and fixed ICD10 mapping is expected to be released in a week or so.
I’ll let you know when it’s done

(Sulev Reisberg) #9

Good! Can I also participate in this any way?

(Dmytry Dymshyts) #10

Actually, all the mappings are already sitting internally just waiting for some final checks and release.
We checked concepts you mentioned before and they are mapped correctly, but no one can see them yet:(
If you want to participate you can review the mappings we’ll release, especially those you’re interested in your study.
Let me know, if it’s convinient for you to grab them from Athena, or we can send you the table with the mappings

(Sulev Reisberg) #11

Well, probably it is better to sit and wait… Hope that it is coming soon.

(Dmytry Dymshyts) #12

Happy to tell that the new version of ICD10 mapping is released.

t