OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Seeking EHR Guidance: How to populate end dates

Dear EHR Brain Trust (@MPhilofsky @Christian_Reich @DTorok @cukarthik @Andrew @hripcsa @donohara @MaximMoinat @Adam_Black @gregk + anyone else I forgot):

The N3C program is harmonizing data from multiple Common Data Models (OMOP, ACT, PCORNet, TriNetX) into one big OMOP CDM for COVID surveillance.

The other CDMs do not have as stringent requirements as OMOP around date fields. We are looking to compile guidance on how OMOP EHR partners navigate finding these data in their local EHR.

Can you help us? We’re looking for basic advice for sites who may have a little bandwidth to try to fill this in and make their data submissions higher quality. Any way we can share best practices/tips and tricks would be immensely helpful! Perhaps we can get a Google Doc rolling?

Great idea as usual Kristin! This will have a large impact on important work. Thanks for getting this going.

I like the idea of a google doc that people can contribute to and awesome N3C folks like Davera Gabriel and Harold Lehman can use and respond to.

1 Like

Hi @krfeeney,

Yes, I can give some guidance. Point me to the Google doc and I will see what I am able to provide.

We’re compiling guidance on this N3C Google Doc: Frequently Seen Issues.

We also have a table that shows what are Required Tables & Fields by data model.

t