OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Request for Input: 2018 OHDSI Symposium (USA) Theme

Hello OHDSI Collaborators near and far!

As part of my resolution to post more on the forum, I have taken the action item from the US Symposium Planning Committee to solicit community input on the overall theme for the day. The theme helps us stitch together plenary sessions, research presentations, collaborator showcase activities and panel discussions. Think of a theme as the story arch we’re trying to rally around as we present throughout the day. (Not to be confused with THEMIS – you can find that thread here)

Some recent ideas include: “Building bridges” “Seem-less sharing”, “Ditching the silo” “Where’s my inter-operativability” “Exchange-interchange”, “Clinical evidence speaks” (many languages), “Producing evidence”.

(I even think we heard a phantom whisper of “tacos” but I can’t confirm it… which would be delicious albeit it a bit difficult to consistently reproduce for 400 people. :missing-taco-emoji: )

But because we’re not benevolent dictators, we felt like this would be a great place to get more input! SO. Here’s our ask: what do YOU want this year’s Symposium theme to be?

All feedback is valuable! (But if you respond to this after March 29, you may end up in the backlog of themes for future years. :smile: )

1 Like

When I started reading this the first thought that popped into my head was “tacos” . . . :missing-taco-emoji: :smile:

I like your “Seem-less sharing” and “ditching the silo”. Maybe “Standardization and Transparency Are The Places to Be”.

That is all I got . . .

1 Like

I like that, because OHDSI is a journey that I think started as a silo’d departmental solution is now an international movement. Another idea is - considering recent security enhancements, hardening, UX improvements: maybe highlight the idea of this being an “Enterprise grade technology solution” for evidence generation.

1 Like

Except silos don’t get ditched. Wrong verb. Maybe merged, or united, joined, blended, consolidated, combined, compounded, conglomerated, converged, hooked, melted together, slapped onto each other, plugged together, even married.

1 Like

Totally co-opting the Washington Post’s slogan post-Nov 2016: “Democracy dies in darkness”:

Evidence dies in silos

4 Likes

Sad to see this chain isn’t nearly as popular as @Jill_Hardin’s video cast naming chain :smile:

Thanks to @ericaVoss @Gowtham_Rao @Christian_Reich and @Ajit_Londhe for your inputs!! Last call for any additional thoughts – will be conferring a decision later in the week.

1 Like
t