OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Questions on generating repetitive cohorts in Atlas

Hi OHDSI-Atlas peeps,

I had a quick question on generating repetitive cohorts in Atlas!
I wanted to generate specific cohorts for calculating monthly age-standardized incidence rates for 5 years.

In order to do so, I figured out I first have to generate the number of the disease cases as well as the total number of population per age group per month per year. In this case, I will have to generate 17 age groups x 2 databses x 2 cohorts (case as the numerators and total population as the denominators) x 12 months x 5 years x 2 disease cases = 8,160 cohorts, before applying the age-standardization.

I was wondering if there is an easier & economically efficient way of handling this situation. For instance, would there be a way to automatically generate the same type of cohorts, but just with different age group/month/year? I am still learning Atals, so wanted to make sure if I am doing it in the most optimal way possible.

Thank you in advance for your expertise! :smiley:

Best regards,
Mariana

We developed a crude version of package named Argos to calculate age-standardized incidence rate, which is available at github.
Though it’s not easy to use because it’s under the development, you can see how we implemented calculation of age-standardized incidence rate.
We’ll be happy if you can review Argos and give an advice for it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much Seng Chan! :slight_smile:
I will try Argos to calculate the age-standardized incidence rates, and will let you know how it worked out for me.
I might ask you further questions on this.

I added Korean census data(mid-year population) into Argos for age/sex standardization. I’m planning to build an automatic crawling function for extracting Korean and US census data through API.

This commit might be how I tried for it.

t