OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Question About Using Multiple Database Connections and DDL

Hello,

I am reading through the documentation here and I have a couple questions

1. Is this results schema supposed to be a blank schema and the tables will be written when the analysis is running or are the tables created during the run? It is not clear to me what we are supposed to see in terms of ‘results’
  2. Can we have the results schema in another database? I ask because I want to test the R package process in a standalone database where I write schema privileges. As someone who is not very familiar with R, how would we rewrite the script to achieve this?

Thank you for your help!

1. Is this results schema supposed to be a blank schema and the tables will be written when the analysis is running or are the tables created during the run? It is not clear to me what we are supposed to see in terms of ‘results’
  • As far as I understand, yes, results schema is supposed to be a blank one, and after you run Achilles analysis, tables will be created.
  1. Can we have the results schema in another database?

I am new to this too, and I hope someone who’s good at it would confirm it.

Yes, there’s no harm in setting up a blank schema in the DB and having Achilles write to that new schema. Achilles will create the tables it needs to write to.

You can NOT have the schema in another database, because many of the queries involve reading from the CDM schema and then writing into the schema that Achilles uses.

1 Like
t