OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Question about the Forum

Hi,

I wondered if it is possible to have a subforum under researchers per workgroup.
This would allow group members to follow that group as a whole instead of individual topics (or all researcher topics).

Using one topic item for the workgroup for all kind of different subjects is not very easy to follow either i think.

If there are ways to do this that I am not aware of please let me know.

Furthermore, is there a way to see who is following a topic?

Thanks

Hi @Rijnbeek

I’ve created a Patient Level Prediction sub-group for you here:
http://forums.ohdsi.org/c/researchers/patient-level-prediction

The only way I know to see who is following a topic is to look a individual users profiles and select ‘preferences’

Cheers,
Maura

Thanks Maura,

Can you move the patient level prediction topics to this subforum in some way?

Peter

I would be proceed cautiously in creating dedicated subforums for each workgroup. The Discourse framework has something of an “opinionated” design-- lumping over splitting forum categories. It is designed to drive cross-traffic and illuminate activities so that even those who aren’t directly working on a WG can provide occasional input and insights. It took me a while to buy into this notion, but I think it has proven very effective for our forums.

Specific WG To-Do’s generally would go into the GitHub issue tracker for more effective management. But I would keep the rest of the discussions out in the Researchers forum if possible, even if there are a variety of topics.

Thanks,

Jon

Hi Jon,

Thanks I understand where you are going.

However, it would mean that each member has to put a notification on the full researchers forum to receive (many) emails or is it possible to for example use a tag in the topic and register to that?

Peter

Peter,

I definitely hear you. When we started, it seemed crazy that we did not have separate locations for at least Research - Methods and Research - Clinical. My email box is piled up enough! It took @pbiondich and the OpenMRS folks some time to convince me that the tradeoff was worth it.

Your question prompted me to look at the latest Discourse discussions on this very issue and it seems that they have finally added Tags. Let’s see if @lee_evans can update us to the latest Discourse version so we can incorporate tagging into our posts. This will allow more granularity without losing a lot of the good stuff we get from the cross-flow of information.

Thanks for bringing this up.

Jon

@MauraBeaton let’s for now then stick to what we have, i.e. no subforum and wait for the tagging.

This would definitely help.

Peter

@Rijnbeek, thanks for your patience on this. I believe Maura let people know yesterday about the recent Forum update thanks to @lee_evans. Tags are now available and can be added to the header for any new topic. They have a length limit, hence I used PatientPrediction here rather than PatientLevelPrediction.

Tags can be seen on the forum home page:

They can be subscribed to (i.e., Watched) by selecting a tag. Here is the patient prediction tag page:

Great thanks!!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone

t