OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

PtQ: Research questions from the community

This thread is realization of 2016 OHDSI symposium call for ability to post patient questions that would be interesting analyses within OHDSI.

A sophisticated consumer would have a way to register at the forum (or some other mechanism that avoids spam) and post a somewhat refined question. (we would perhaps formulate some minimum requirements for such real world questions). (and criteria for our ability to study those questions) (e.g., it is somewhat harder to study OTC medications (for example)).

OHDSI researchers could than try to answer such question (or shine some more light on the problem (if the answer is not possible to give))

Questions can also come from OHDSI-ers (acting as patients).

Patrick had an Excel sheet for collecting ideas for 2015 symposium that, I think, could be systematized.

(Until we have some very fancy web application (volunteers out there? anyone?)…

…if we want to pilot few ideas via the forum, we can either have one big thread or one thread per idea (what I will do). Perhaps a prefix ‘PtQ:’ for patient question in the researcher forums (what I will use). (or a separate forum tag?).

I will post an example of such question into one such thread
See post: PtQ:bevacizumab vs. ranibizumab vs. aflibercept in AMD

@Vojtech_Huser: Sounds like you want to pop into the Dissemination hackathon during the face-to-face.

All of Us is using an interesting platform to solicit research ideas. Scientist submit new ideas or upvote good existing ideas submitted by others.

1 Like
t