OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Procedure Type Concept Id provenance vs priority

The majority of the procedure type values have to do with the provenance (source of the data), e.g. Outpatient header, EHR order list… But the procedure type concepts Primary and Secondary have to do with the priority. Question is what to do if someone wants both the provenance and priority. Doing a conversion from OMOP to PCORnet v4, PCORnet wants the procedure source, provenance, and if the procedure is primary or secondary. If primary vs secondary is important for analytics then it should be a separate attribute.

1 Like

yup – i agree with you on this one. The condition_occurrence table has a field called condition_status_concept_id, where need something similar for procedure_occurrence.

3 Likes

@Gowtham_Rao, @DTorok:

Have you taken it to Themis Focus Group 1, led by @mvanzandt? Can’t just agree and let it sit. :smile:

I do not know to ‘take it to Themis Focus Group’. I know how to enter items in the forum when I see something, but there is no Themis forum, nor do I know when there is sufficient cause to move from the forum to Themis. That is why I am trying to get more involved so that I can understand the process, but for now the process is opaque.

You make a good point @DTorok. Maybe @admin can set up a new sub-forum called Themis, and the themis group can set up new topics based on what is currently decided (possibly more descriptive than ‘Themis Group 1’ and ‘Themis Group 2’ and that way people can follow the discourse.

2 Likes

@DTorok, @Chris_Knoll, friends.

Happy to reiterate how to stay in touch with THEMIS:

• The Forum post to announce and collect participants.
  • The THEMIS Wiki, listing all the Focus Groups and their foci. It also posts the face-2-face meetings.

The way it works is that the Focus Group leaders have weekly or biweekly meetings with their Focus Group. Hot issues are posted in the Forum for wider input.

Anybody interested in any subject can participate in any Focus Group. Just let the group leader know, because some of them use Outlook invitations to invite to the group meetings. We need to shed this habit and have everything in the OHDSI website artifacts.

At the upcoming face-2-face, we need to figure out a way to distribute the conclusions and create an easier contribution model.

t