OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Patient-Reported Drugs and Conditions

themis

(Karthik) #21

I think for condition_era, you’d include it into the observation_period, but it is tricky for drug_era. For drugs, unless the information from PGHD can give us an accurate duration, I don’t think it should be included. Obviously, there are exceptions and if we believe a dataset his reliable and granular enough, then it should be included in the observation table, but I don’t see that happening.

(Erica Voss) #22

Thank you @cukarthik. @Christian_Reich help us finish up this ticket. What should we do in terms of eras for patient reported drugs/conditions.

(Steve Lyman) #23

There was an earlier question from @Christian_Reich on whether we need any additional patient reported types. We just found that we have a need for a patient reported procedure. Can we get a concept added to the Procedure Type vocabulary?

(Anna Ostropolets) #24

@sblyman Can’t you use 581412 Procedure Recorded from a Survey for now? The underlying meaning is the same: it’s used when a patient reports a history of procedure.

(Steve Lyman) #25

Thanks for the suggestion @aostropolets. We’ll go ahead and use that concept for now. Longer term, it would be nice to have something more in line with what other domains provide for general patient reported events.

(Christian Reich) #26

Will add, @sblyman. Actually, we are supposed to overhaul all of them and potentially make them domain-independent. That’s a THEMIS job that’s still open. So, you will just have “Patent reported”, irrespective of what table it is in. Let’s see if this will work.

t