OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Participation to OHDSI network study: (CERVELLO) Covid-19 pandemic impacts on mental health related conditions

Hello everyone,

Hao (@haoluo429)and I (@CarmenOT) would like to invite you to take part to a new OHDSI study aiming to characterize mental health vulnerable groups before and during the covid-19 pandemic.
This is a current use case study within the Psychiatry Work Group (@shilparatwani, @KennethMan, @profianwong, @wallislau )

The mental health effects of COVID-19 may vary across populations. Specific sections of the population are suspected to be more vulnerable than others to the psychological, social, and neuropsychiatric effects. This study will examine the mental health effects of the COVID-19 pandemic across vulnerable groups, including people with established psychiatric disorders including dementia and neurodevelopmental disorders.

The study itself has two objectives:
1 - Characterize individuals with mental health conditions before the COVID-19 pandemic
2 - Obtain the prevalence of psychotropic drug use in people with existing mental health issues and neurodevelopmental disorders before and during the pandemic.

The fist objective can be obtained running the package in our GitHub repository: Cervello

We are aiming to obtain the first objective results by the 11th of February.
Please let us know if you would like to be involved, all the participants will be added as co-authors when we will submit the manuscript.

Looking forward to working with you!
Carmen Olga Torre

P.S. Feel free to contact us at the following emails:
Carmen O. Torre: carmenolgatorre@iqvia.com
Hao Luo: haoluo@hku.hk

4 Likes

Hello, I am interested in collaborating although the link to the github repository is not functioning for me. Tagging some colleagues who may equally be interested.

@anthonysena @clairblacketer

Hi @stephenfortin,

Thanks for your feedback. The link is now fixed!

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Hi Carmen,

Have you some information about the population from data source " IQVIA LPD France EMR" ?
Is is extract from the SNIIRAM national database and does it cover all French regions ?

According to the analysis plan, inhospital data do not seem to be relevant for this study. Am I wrong?

Hi @AntoineLamer,

IQVIA LPD France EMR does not contain inpatients data, it has been obtained from primary care data (outpatients) and covers all French regions. I am not familiar with SNIIRAM, do you have access to it?

Nevertheless, inpatient/outpatient isn’t a requirement of the study. The cohorts are defined with population diagnosed with a mental health condition which can happen both in or outside the hospital. Hope this helps.

If you would like to join the study with or without hospital data, you’re welcome! :slight_smile:

No, it’s an ambulatory EHR collected by IQVIA, @AntoineLamer. And yes, all of France.

Hi Carmen,

I am interested in this study. Please let me know how I can get involved.

@CarmenOT @haoluo429

Hi @anikpezie,

To take part to the study you will need to run the package shared in the repository and send the results folder obtained. More instructions can be found at this link https://github.com/ohdsi-studies/Cervello.

Let me know if we can help you further!

Hi Carmen and Hao

We (Dani’s group at Oxford) can join this with CPRD UK, althought we don’t have in-patient data. Would that be needed for sure?

best
Sara

1 Like

Hi @Sara_Khalid1,
Sure, we don’t necessarily need in-patient data for this study.

You’re welcome to join us! :slight_smile:

Hi! See if this link works:

This is wonderful @CarmenOT! We will run this.

1 Like

Hi @Sara_Khalid1, just wondering whether there is any update on your side?

t